MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Interfacing lunetta with other modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Interfacing lunetta with other modular
colorbars
Recently shared with me from a long time modular mad scientist and forum member for protecting lunetta from eurorack etc and also protecting eurorack etc from lunetta! I’ve attached their diagrams for input and output protection, please comment if you have any recommendations or improvements!

Deathlehem
Due to errors I had made with some of the differences between logic and analog circuit interfacing, I redrew each of the interface methods:
thetechnobear
sorry for perhaps obvious newbie question,
but what protection does this provide in each case? (voltage levels? output to output protection?)

I ask, as Ive been doing some diy with tangible waves AE modular, in which im using some lunetta designs, and its 0..5v, so perhaps these circuits might be applicable to me, or at least food for thought, about things I should be considering smile

Thanks
Deathlehem
thetechnobear wrote:
sorry for perhaps obvious newbie question,
but what protection does this provide in each case? (voltage levels? output to output protection?)

No worries. smile Even though I've been playing with electronics for over 30 years, self taught, I'm still a newbie in many areas. eek! smile

The 1st one, with the diode on the opamp buffered output, is blocking any negative voltages from coming through. Almost all Lunetta circuits are run from +V / Ground only. (I use +/- V in a few, myself.)

The 2nd one, for interfacing the Lunetta module back to the 'normal world' lol - is to keep the Lunetta output voltage limited to a maximum of the Zener diode's protective voltage level.
+5V is quite common in the normal world. +10V is almost as normal nowadays (based on observances within my mainly commercial euro system.)

Quote:
I ask, as Ive been doing some diy with tangible waves AE modular, in which im using some lunetta designs, and its 0..5v, so perhaps these circuits might be applicable to me, or at least food for thought, about things I should be considering smile

Thanks

One area that you may have to be careful in the Lunetta area, when you're interfacing with the normal world, are voltages that are higher than the +5V that your Lunetta is working on. Most typically, envelope generator outputs at +8 to +10V. Some of the CMOS chips in your Lunetta stuff, may not tolerate such a high voltage compared to their +5V power inputs, for too long. confused
thetechnobear
cool, thank you very much for the insights.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1