MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Firmware problem when updating from 4.5 to 4.7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting Firmware problem when updating from 4.5 to 4.7
ForAiur
My unit came with 4.5. When I try to install 4.7 the CONFIRM never shows. Everything stops with the vertical row of orange LEDs in the middle burning bright. But after I release the button I get "success". Still when I power on the module it says 4.5 I formated the card twice, re-downloaded the 4.7 firmware so I'm not putting 4.5 up by accident ... What can I do? I initially had the card formatted in FAT 16 so I thought "that was the problem" but with FAT32 I get the same problems ... or do I need to re-download the firmware file (it was on the FAT16 formated SD, I dropped it on the desktop, firmatted the SD to FAT32 and put the file on the card again).
os
What kind of card is it?

Can you post a screenshot of how the files look on the card?
ForAiur
I was stupid. I haven't had to format anything in a special format for about 5 years and I thought FAT and the number below saying 16 ... I changed it to 32 ... but that was not FAT32 ... now I got FAT32 ... but the same things happen ... will re-download the firmware and try again. It is a card that was in my HERMOD and worked great there so I guess it should work.
ForAiur

os
That looks OK. I see you have samples on there - does the sample playback work?
ForAiur
No, it doesn't. But the SD seems to get recognized or I wouldn't get that strange "sucess" message ... after that "sucess" the unit is unusable and I have to restart the system (only if I tried to install firmware by pressing the S button while booting.)
os
Have you tried the 'known good' sample files linked from the user manual?

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads/content/disting_sd_content.zip
ForAiur
No. Is it normal that the playlist.txt says

disting playlist v1
drmlp_st.wavdub_mono.wav

all in one line? Strange, when I copied it here I got

disting playlist v1
drmlp_st.wav
dub_mono.wav

which looks correct.

Will try.
ForAiur
OK, a 128 GB SD card from my laptop worked. The other card is also shown at my PC and works flawless there, but I guess the disting hat a problem with it. Now I don't want to keep a 128 gb card in the disting ... I'll buy one of the cards you recommend in the manual. Thanks for your time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1