MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Good phaser, flange & chorus plugins?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Good phaser, flange & chorus plugins?
Panason
What are your favourites for phasing, flanging and chorusing?
CaligulaCuddles
Honestly, I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I've always found that most DAWs have perfectly usable effects like that built right in. Since they're all variations of a "delay + LFO" effect, there's not a lot of "analog magic" to recreate, minus the natural signal degradation that comes with analog circuitry. With a wet/dry mix, you're pretty much good to go. Myself, I tend to just use Max because I like knowing the exact settings rather than having an ambiguous dial. Basic = better.
Entrainer
CaligulaCuddles wrote:
there's not a lot of "analog magic" to recreate, minus the natural signal degradation that comes with analog circuitry.

Not so sure about this. The Horidjk Phaser and Modcan Flanger have something going on beyond signal degradation. I haven't heard anything like them ITB.
RedLab
Eventide FL201 Instant Flanger

Hands down the best sounding (and most flexible) flanger I've ever used and that's also including analog/hardware/pedal flangers
CaligulaCuddles
Entrainer wrote:
Not so sure about this. The Horidjk Phaser and Modcan Flanger have something going on beyond signal degradation. I haven't heard anything like them ITB.

Yeah, after posting that off-the-cuff response and thinking about it further, I immediately realized that I've owned a lot of hardware with pretty finely tuned nuances. I rescind my earlier absolutist stance, but still maintain that core functionality is much simpler that a lot of manufacturers allude to.
mt3
I usually reach for stock DAW offerings as well.

That said, try a lot of VST instruments that allow use as an FX insert. Serum, Reaktor, etc.
Entrainer
Chorus -

Exponential Audio Excalibur
Melda Chorus
Acon Multiply (free)
Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus

Flanger -

MXR Flanger / Doubler
A/DA Flanger

Phaser -

I haven't found one that I like
doepferiano
if you are into VCV Rack, check
NYSTHI choruses, tremolo, echoes and phasers

kragg
Acon Multiply, D16 Syntorus & Fazortan.
hermbot
I really like Valhalla SpaceModulator. It's free if you own another Valhalla plugin (and everyone should own at least *one* of his reverbs).

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/modulation/valhalla-space-modulator/
Entrainer
hermbot wrote:
I really like Valhalla SpaceModulator. It's free if you own another Valhalla plugin (and everyone should own at least *one* of his reverbs).

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/modulation/valhalla-space-modulator/

The Ubermod is also good for chorus.
Panason
Thanks folks. I'm a Valhalla fan, I love the sound and the GUI of those plugs... Less controls= better and clean graphics that don't try to look like hardware. Dead Banana
hermbot
Panason wrote:
Less controls= better and clean graphics that don't try to look like hardware. Dead Banana

Amen to that!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1