MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 Audio Input Expansion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 Audio Input Expansion
toneburst
I must admit, I'm a little confused about the various Expert Sleepers expansion options.

Is it possible for me to expand the number of audio-rate inputs on my ES-8?

a|x
os
Yes, with the ES-6 (and once you have an ES-6, with an ES-7).
toneburst
Ah, OK. That makes sense.

I was wondering really if there was an expander that could be connected to the ES-8 via an expansion header, so that the extra input channels could be used while the ES-8 was connected to an ADAT host like my MOTO 828 (ie without the USB being connected).

I guess that's not possible, currently.

a|x
os
Indeed not.

For that you would want the ES-3/6/7 combination.
cloudleft
I have a related query. I'm hoping to use the 8 ADAT channels from my MOTU ultralite to expand the inputs on my ES-8. Is that possible?

Currently, via the MOTU config app, I'm routing the 8 analogue inputs on the MOTU directly to the 8 ADAT output channels. (Analog 1 -> ADAT 1, etc.)

However when sending a signal through ADAT 1 into the ES-8, it does not appear at the corresponding ADAT input on the ES-8 (in this case, "input 5", as its labelled in macOS Audio/MIDI setup).

If this can't be done, is the reverse possible, i.e. sending ADAT out from ES-8 into the MOTU?

The goal is to maximize inputs for monitoring multitrack recording. Anyway, thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1