MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Greetings from a massive forest fire.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Greetings from a massive forest fire.
Jay88
Looks like im in the clear.....

That's a trailer ready to go,
Andromeda, Juno, Prophet, Moog, Studio 88, Motiff XS8, kind of a rush pack but not one scratch on the stuff stacked with studio foam and mattresses.

Looks like they have a hold on the fire, im evacuated but im a holdout,

Id rather have sex with a homeless man in a trash dumpster then ever have this happen to me again.

Dead Banana

DrReverendSeance
Wow! I am glad you are safe.
Jay88
nothing but good news but still the worst is the flair ups 900 foot columns of fire and mushroom clouds

This is just hell I have a fire suppression tank with parts that never arrived.
I have 500 foot of fire hose, 4000 gallons water tank but its not installed.

No beer in a week, Guinness ftw!

Im trying to look at life and behave better, somehow...do good.
Faustgeist
Definitely glad you are safe!
JohnLRice
I'm glad you are OK! thumbs up
Jay88
more good news, and 35 mph gusts but still there so many aircraft.
its lucky that this is the tail end so there some 5000 troops, national guard, 70K feet of hoses, a 747, AC30, 15 choppers. con crews, battle battalions, catering crews, corporate water tankers,

There doing it just right. Guinness ftw!

My neighbor is evac and said I could go in his patio kitchen and crab a case of beer and the police said if I step off my drive way its jail for 4 hours then the gymnasium cot with powdered eggs and all that shelter EVAC stuff.
kindredlost
Fire is the worst. The burnout and then the water damage. Glad it hasn't affected you and hope it doesn't.

We get tornados and straight line winds here (120mph+) but fire is the worst by far.

Be safe!!
Jay88
im considering berlin. This is some whacked out stuff im looking at now.
ersatzplanet
Here's the most intense picture I have seen of the fire. Above the clouds with the fire beneath them -

khakifridge
ersatzplanet wrote:
Here's the most intense picture I have seen of the fire. Above the clouds with the fire beneath them -

That has got to be one of the scariest pictures ever, when you understand what you're looking at. eek!
Jay88
Its over, its boxed in. 2 nights ago they lit the hill totally on fire to back burn.
I had you know know idea other then it was growing.

People are allowed to go home tomorrow, in my case Im allowed to go to town and get food.

I was a hold out 5 days and if I left it was 4 hours in jail and a court date.

Most of the neighbors, dogs dies, gardens died and slept with tweakers zombie in a shelter.

I had netflix, a sauna, no beer or cookies or chips but I have a 911 food shelter.

I could not believe how much complaining my father did, im caring for him at age 67. Moan all night and day aabout going to costco. cry

But now we are going to costco! we're not worthy
Then trader joes, then the local bar

Fire quit 1.76 miles or less from my home.
umma gumma
wow!!
ranix
Damn Jay88 I'm really glad to hear you made it out safe with your gear and neighborhood intact. I was thinking about you when I heard about the fires. I heard there was a bark beetle plague and all the pine trees died and dried up, the whole forest has been ready to explode for like a year
bedhed3000
I'm in Santa Rosa. We went through the same thing down here last year. I'm glad to hear you are safe. It's pretty crazy that this is becoming the new normal here in Cali. Fire season from April to December.
alternating.bit
Jay88 wrote:
Id rather have sex with a homeless man in a trash dumpster then ever have this happen to me again.

Please keep your private fetishes to yourself. hihi
Rex Coil 7
Jay, I'm really glad you and yours are ok.

But to mention one thing about getting arrested ... that's a deterrent for some folks that hold out too long and then first responders must put their own lives at risk because of stubborn people that require rescuing (I went through that myself during the 1992 LA Riots ... three thousand fires in four days). I'm not being disrespectful to you, or slamming you ... I'm simply explaining why the law is in place. I'm a life long close friend of a Fire Captain in California who has been tasked with responding to MANY forest fires over the last 30 years. She's got scars on her arms and neck from burning embers that fall from the sky. Some people ignore the codes and ordinances in place that dictate how much brush cutback is required around their property, which causes firefighters and first responders to risk their lives just to protect property ... risking one's life to save another person is one thing, risking one's life to protect property is just ridiculous.

Ok, I'm done lecturing. I'm glad you weren't faced with damage, injury, property loss, pet injury/death, or incarceration .... fires suck. I lost my entire business to a massive fire set by vagrant border jumpers that decided it was a good idea to make a campfire among a quarter million wooden pallets as they hid out among stored inventory at a pallet manufacturer directly behind our place of business back in 2001 (happened on Superbowl Sunday ... largest fire on record in my city). To top it off, the fire sprinkler systems were left running for over 25 hours (my business was an electrical repair facility ... electrical parts don't like being wet). We lost over $130k that our insurance company refused to cover. So I know what that ~smell~ is like, and the fear of total loss. To this day the residual PTSD from losing everything my wife and I worked for over nearly a decade due to the irresponsibility of another person's thoughtless behavior still affects how I live my life. We have fire extinguishers all over the house. July 4th festivities around here scare the hell out of me.

Fire .... bad.

I'm just honestly glad you and your family and neighbors are ok.

Count your blessings!

Hug
Jay88
Yes im blessed. Its strange, the fire stalled at our hill a mile away.
Sure the fire fighters and an overwelming force and hundred thousand gallons of retardent a day and then some. Two jets 12 choppers and thousands of hand crew (And some forced labor prisoners)

But the thing is amazing that it just stopped, the wind was 0mph for a week.
Then the wind was 20MPH the OTHER DIRECTION!!! so the fire blew away!1!1!1

I dont pray to jesys or anything but something went down., forces of nature, spirits, I cant be sure but nothing burned.

ANd for being a holdout I have two military grade equipped land cruisers with all the good stuff and a school bus so we could have drove our stuff and dogs out of harms way with no tax on the firecrew. Plus I have 3000 gallons of water for fire use, fire hoses (Ok my fire pump never got picked up its going in first thing)

Just got my gear unloaded, what a trip what a total trip out.

I'm going to be nicer and do good things, help old ladies acrost the street,
perhaps donate a DAW workstation and midi controller and stuff to the school I have enough extra things just in storage kids could use.
hsosdrum
Jay88 wrote:
I'm going to be nicer and do good things, help old ladies acrost the street, perhaps donate a DAW workstation and midi controller and stuff to the school I have enough extra things just in storage kids could use.

I read with interest your story in this thread and breathed a sigh of relief for you when you were finally out of danger. I admire you for turning your feelings of gratefulness into help for others.
thumbs up
Rex Coil 7
hsosdrum wrote:
Jay88 wrote:
I'm going to be nicer and do good things, help old ladies acrost the street, perhaps donate a DAW workstation and midi controller and stuff to the school I have enough extra things just in storage kids could use.

I read with interest your story in this thread and breathed a sigh of relief for you when you were finally out of danger. I admire you for turning your feelings of gratefulness into help for others.
thumbs up
A brush with one's end has a way of doing that. It puts things into perspective, a realization sets in about what is actually important vs what is chickenshit petty stuff. Suddenly a wave of clarity kicks in. It sounds like Jay is making the most of an unexpected revelation. Good for him!!!!

Hobbes
Jay88
And all this there is no "If only I had blah blah" and "Just need to clean and hose off this or that"

There is just nothing, I dont need to do anything but hang my clothing up that was kept in 3mil plastic bags so yet again, no smoke smell just a few days of unloading a box truck.

Before the fire came I could see it in Redding and shasta area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypSEsyoFob0

The worst thing that happened was my keg of beer got turned around in a road block and I was dead sober for 11 days.
I ran out of fruit and vegetables.
Power went out a few days I had to mash coffee beans with a hand grinder.
Even the police delivered dog food to me, we're not worthy

In redding I watched a video of people sifting through their ashes for any signs they had existed.
cornutt
Damn, Jay. Glad you made it. Did you ever get the parts you needed for your fire system?
Jay88
the highway is closed but its at harbor freight just a few valves and a motor.
Im pretty insane so I might get a roof unit also like some pvc or some budget system. next fire ill be a garden hose kind of guy. $1000 this year on landscaping and Im still needing to thin out a few dead pines and a brush forest.
Smokey
Glad you are safe!

A new friend of mine just had his entire place burn up due to the Holy Fire here in So Cal. It's crazy. I just visited his place for the first time only two days before the fire. Not sure all the details but he is devastated. I think the fire is only 5% contained and it started 3 days ago.
MindMachine
Jay88 wrote:
the highway is closed but its at harbor freight just a few valves and a motor.
Im pretty insane so I might get a roof unit also like some pvc or some budget system. next fire ill be a garden hose kind of guy. $1000 this year on landscaping and Im still needing to thin out a few dead pines and a brush forest.

A compressor/pump and a couple of 55 G drums of water can save a roof at the right time. It seems like a lot of effort but at the right time it will save a home. You just have to maintain it and be diligent. Obviously clear you immediate area of dry growth every couple of years and run a line. PVC dies pretty quick when exposed, I would suggest simple old fashioned drip hoses (green ones w/ micor holes). Put it on the peak.

bedhed3000 wrote:
I'm in Santa Rosa. We went through the same thing down here last year. I'm glad to hear you are safe. It's pretty crazy that this is becoming the new normal here in Cali. Fire season from April to December.

Glad you made it ok. We went through the same in 2009 in La Crescenta and I moved all of my gear out.

Maintaining the stuff is the hard part.
breadman
Glad OP is okay!! The way these fires are I could never, ever imagine owning a home out here, particularly out in the woods.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2