MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reverb tanks (150r in, 10kr out)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Reverb tanks (150r in, 10kr out)
Peake
The Buchla 275r uses a small tank, 1BC2A1B. Looking for a type 4 (large) tank which shares these I/O characteristics and other considerations. Accutronics and Revisit don't seem to have an option with a 10kr output impedance.

Apparently the 9BC2A1B is close.
fuzzbass
Peake wrote:
The Buchla 275r uses a small tank, 1BC2A1B. Looking for a type 4 (large) tank which shares these I/O characteristics and other considerations. Accutronics and Revisit don't seem to have an option with a 200r output impedance.

Apparently the 9BC2A1B is close.

I think the particular flavor you look for (xBC...) is not not available retail. You can find xBB versions, maybe just adjust the gain of the make-up stage to deal with it? Maybe it works ok as is.
MoogProDG
Why not just swap transducers on the input and output of the tank for your desired impedance?
Revok
Peake wrote:
Accutronics and Revisit don't seem to have an option with a 200r output impedance.

The tank you're listing has an input impedance of 200ohms and output impedance of 10k. Just want to clear that up so I don't lead you astray if you're looking for a low output impedance tank.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/reverb-tank-mod-9bc2c1b

This one's a three spring long tank. You can bridge the solder pads on the input jack pcb to ground the input to match the specs of the tank you listed. Both impedances will be a bit higher with the 3 spring type but I've never seen that cause an issue.

The BB variety might work fine as fuzzbass mentioned.
Peake
Man, I screwed that up, edited the OP. Thanks for the suggestions..
BugBrand
You can also look to Belton Korea - http://www.belton.co.kr/
Think they can still supply small quantities as samples.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1