MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths DIY Delay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Erica Synths DIY Delay
Girts23
Dear colleagues, we felt, a proper DIY Delay somehow is missing, therefore we decided to come up with one. It's 14HP hi-fi delay module with unique functionality typically found on advanced factory-produced units. We developed a custom DSP MCU board (comes pre-soldered and pre-programmed) and delay algorithms for syncable up to 800ms delays. Selectable Tape and Digital delay, BPM Sync, Tap Sync makes the module ideal for nuanced sound design. Furthermore Hold (freezes the sound up to 800ms), Add (adds several layers of sound on top) and Reverse (reverses sound in the hold buffer) functions allow to create crazy sonic artifacts.

And here's another great demo from Synth DIY Guy:

DIY kits in three versions available from Erica Synths and leading DIY kit retailers.
Enjoy!
realitycontrol
Nice, will be checking this one out.
Panel image looks a little like your basskine module at the moment!
euromorcego
realitycontrol wrote:

Panel image looks a little like your basskine module at the moment!

indeed, panel looks eerily similar to the bassline wink

But have been waiting for this for a while, a high-quality non-PT2399 delay DIY delay was missing in eurorack .... until now. Will definitely check it out.
7C
someone got anymore feedback on this?
seems the (very well done) demonia the only footage out there, would be nice to have some opinions / pure audio demos ...
ayruos
I was very impressed by SynthDIYGuy's video on this. Would love to know how it compares with an Echophon...
Waz
ayruos wrote:
I was very impressed by SynthDIYGuy's video on this. Would love to know how it compares with an Echophon...

I bought one to replace my Echophon. This is one of the 1st modules I bought from just watching one video. I'm waiting for it to arrive, but once I get it built, I'll let you know. The only thing I wish it could do is the feedback stuff the echophon does. I never use the pitch-shifter on the Echophon, so it is being under-utilized. The time compression feature on this DIY delay seems like a game changer to me. I hope this was a wise purchase.

Hey EricaSynths, SynthDIYGuy sold me on your module. Get that guy a t-shirt or something! SlayerBadger!
ayruos
Waz wrote:
ayruos wrote:

I bought one to replace my Echophon. This is one of the 1st modules I bought from just watching one video. I'm waiting for it to arrive, but once I get it built, I'll let you know. The only thing I wish it could do is the feedback stuff the echophon does. I never use the pitch-shifter on the Echophon, so it is being under-utilized. The time compression feature on this DIY delay seems like a game changer to me. I hope this was a wise purchase.

Hey EricaSynths, SynthDIYGuy sold me on your module. Get that guy a t-shirt or something! SlayerBadger!

Looking forward to your review!

Also, I think SynthDIYGuy gets serial no. 1 on all the new Erica DIY modules! nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1