MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

5U and Knobcon 7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 5U and Knobcon 7
daveholiday
Booked everything last night so I thought it would be a fun thread to see who will be attending out of the 5U crowd.

I know John aka "burdij" from Grove will be there. I think there might some guy that always wears a suit and a tie there as well but I am not sure! hihi

the "in" list

daveholiday
Faustgeist

Who else will be there so that I know how large a table to reserve so that we can all sit around and bitch about tiny, fragile patch cords/jacks and WAY too colorful panels and confusing graphics! razz
burdij
Yes, Dave, glad to see that you are going to be at this year's event. I will be there along with the rest of the crew. I received an email today from the Knobcon powers announcing the keynote speaker for the Golden Knob banquet. I have quoted the announcement below:

Quote:
We are pleased to announce our guest of honor for this year is Gil Trythall. Gil was responsible for one of the most unique contributions of the Moog records craze of the late 1960s. His Switched-On Nashville album is singular among Moog-driven pop records due to both its country and bluegrass source material and the total focus on the Moog synthesiser itself, in contrast with its contemporaries’ method of combining the system with traditional session instrumentalists. But he didn’t stop there. His textbook, Principles and Practice of Electronic Music, is one of the few books that elegantly bridges the worlds of tape music and voltage control synthesis.

Tables and discounted tickets are still available until the end of August.

As we get closer to the event, I will have more details related to Grove, too.
sduck
I dragged my monster 5U to knobcon in 2014, and was hoping to do the same this year, but they won't let me off work this time. Scheduling this will always be a bitch for me, until they come to their senses and move it up a week. Last weekend of August - I'm there!
JohnLRice
I was seriously considering going this year (finally!) but . . . I broke down and bought a LOT of new gear this summer meh MY ASS IS BLEEDING ambulance Never maintain cash savings again and I've got TONS of projects and responsibilities I need to take care of that I've been letting slide so . . . it doesn't make sense to go to Knobcon this time. waah Apologies to STG and all.

I hope it's a great success and everyone has an awesome time! This is fun! Hug This is fun!
cornutt
Maybe next year, sigh.
Faustgeist
Tickets bought, looking forward to it!
~R
daveholiday
John,

You had a link to the 2016 knobcon photo album...any chance I could see those pics again? You caught me in a couple photos...one specifically where Eric was telling me about the size of the fish he caught!!
Just me
New career and no PTO this year. If I make it in 2019, I'll bring my MU collage of oddities.
burdij
daveholiday wrote:
John,

You had a link to the 2016 knobcon photo album...any chance I could see those pics again? You caught me in a couple photos...one specifically where Eric was telling me about the size of the fish he caught!!

Knobcon 2016 album
daveholiday
So I have been slimming down the collection lately, but I still might have a piece or two I could bring. The two things I was thinking would be the Happy Nerding FM AID and a Dual Wasp filter hand built by Flareless based on the Cat Girl Synth design. The rest of my modules are a bit "ho hum" so that is all I have to offer. So if anyone that will be there is interested in either for a demo, I will throw then in my carry on. We will have to find a 5U system to stick them in but I would bet we could find someone!
daveholiday
BTW The dual wasp has yellow knobs...so it is WAY MORE waspy then just regular black knobs!!
daveholiday
burdij wrote:
daveholiday wrote:
John,

Knobcon 2016 album

John,

Thanks for the link...I am the "tall drink 'o water" in the tan baseball cap behind the "laying of hands" photo of Eric!

I have a small favor to ask if possible, I'll PM you!
Faustgeist
I arrive Friday afternoon and see the Con starts at 7pm.

I'll warm up at the bar then. Guinness ftw!

Dave & others who might look for me, here is a mug shot for ya! Don't be shy cool

daveholiday
<--------- ME!

I am hoping to post some pics here after knobcon so we can place names with a faces! My buddy that I am meeting up there will be bringing some camera gear, so maybe we can all have the fancy B&W "about the author" glamor shot that some members have!! razz

*edit* Shit, I just realized my profile pic is a B&W glamor shot....on a NYC subway train non the less!!
suitandtieguy
the girl in my userpic will not be there, sadly.

i'm really happy to see you guys participate, please make sure to say hi!
Faustgeist
Looking forward to meeting you Suit. Love your modules!
~Robin
Rex Coil 7
I have a lot of family in Illinois that I have not seen since 1965. I may make an attempt to get to the 2019 show. Hopefully the Super Mini Modular will be completed so I can take it with, and I can double the trip by seeing relatives while we're there.

On the other hand, we'd probably have to drive so I could haul the synth ... hmmm ... dunno about this now that I think about it more.

Oh well, you never know what can happen between now and then, things in my life may be in such a way that a trip of that type would be something feasible.

I'd love to meet everyone.

hmmm.....
vav
Obligatory response for Dave w00t
umma gumma
I think I may make it, next year!
Ockeghem
umma gumma wrote:

That's what I say too. My excuse this year -- Jethro Tull 50th Anniversary tour concert at Wolf Trap, which I attended, since it was sort of on my bucket list. w00t
umma gumma
Ockeghem wrote:
umma gumma wrote:

That's what I say too. My excuse this year -- Jethro Tull 50th Anniversary tour concert at Wolf Trap, which I attended, since it was sort of on my bucket list. w00t

Hey, I just saw them a couple months ago: had never seen Ian Anderson play live before. was great!

although I was disappointed he didn't wear his minstrel outfit. seemed a bit out of place just wearing a jeans & a vest...

allright, knobcon has happened, who can post some 5U pics?
burdij
Still need to unload the van but as soon as i can I will post tbe pictures that I took. This was the best show yet and my thanks to Suit and all of his gang for the great event.

applause
daveholiday
John, I had a blast "talking shop" with you on Sunday! Will definitely be picking up a 294A kit as soon as I recover from my Knobcon expenses!! I may have to drive up next year just so there can be another 5U rig there to play with!!
daveholiday
vav wrote:

vav I forgot to thank you for the beer....it was a pleasure to hang out!
vav
daveholiday wrote:
vav wrote:

vav I forgot to thank you for the beer....it was a pleasure to hang out!

You're so welcome, and nice to meet you smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2