MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer X1 Infinium Optical Fader - any DIY use for this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Behringer X1 Infinium Optical Fader - any DIY use for this?
Rex Coil 7
Stumbled over this ... the Behringer X1 Infinium Optical Fader. It's some type of replacement fader for some DJ mixer they offer. It looks PSYCHO trick though!

I can't help but wonder if it may have some value in a DIY situation.

This one shows it sitting upright ....

LINK = https://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-X1-Infinium-Optical-Fader-for-DDM40 00-DJ-Mixer-/332382636245?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

This one shows several other views ....

LINK = https://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-X1-Infinium-Optical-Fader/401538595 558

It's got to be the most tricked out looking fader I've ever seen. It also looks like it would outlive it's owner!!! A fader with two metal guide rails? Seriously?

Anyhow, do you think there is a DIY application for this thing? MIDI controller? CV controller? Other?

seriously, i just don't get it

(unsubbed ... no replies, no interest generated, no reason to remain subscribed! PM if you want to discuss .. thank you.)

Mr. Green
Houtson
I got one of these for a diy audio effect project.

The connections are straight forward but you wouldn't guess them (who makes red=gnd black=+ve?), 3 pins;
- RED : Ground
- MIDDLE BLACK : Data/RX at 31250 baud
- BLACK : +3.3V

Not a big Behringer fan but it's a really nice xfader - feels great, magnetic friction adjustable.

Very nice serial output - stable and fast, 0-127.
Rex Coil 7
Houtson wrote:

The connections are straight forward but you wouldn't guess them (who makes red=gnd black=+ve?), 3 pins;

Not a big Behringer fan but it's a really nice xfader - feels great, magnetic friction adjustable.

I still have this control in my watch list on eBay. I'm currently designing a MIDI controller using the Doepfer Pocket Electronics kit, I've been wondering how well this thing would work in such an application.

Thanks for the information Member *Houtson. How did you come about this fader? Any images of the construct you're using it in?

Thanks for letting me know about how you've used it. thumbs up
Houtson
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Houtson wrote:

I still have this control in my watch list on eBay. I'm currently designing a MIDI controller using the Doepfer Pocket Electronics kit, I've been wondering how well this thing would work in such an application.

Thanks for the information Member *Houtson. How did you come about this fader? Any images of the construct you're using it in?

Thanks for letting me know about how you've used it. thumbs up

Hi, I don't know the Doepfer Pocket Electronics kit so don't know if you can easily connect it to that.

I'm using as part of an effects unit based on the Teensy micro controller. It is a bag of bits at the moment on a beadboard but the xfader has a great feel to it.

picture of work in progress:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1