MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TIS97 vs MPS8097
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author TIS97 vs MPS8097
giszo
I am designing a PCB including a few TIS97 transistors. As these are obsolete ones, as far as I have seen on this forum, the MPS8097 is a good choice for the TIS' replacement.

I was looking through datasheets whether the MPS is a drop-in replacement or not, but its pin out seems to be different. Facing the flat side of both transistors with their leads pointing downwards:
- TIS97 is C B E;
- MPS8097 is E B C.

Unfortunately the MPS8097 datasheet from Mouser does not show the actual pin out, so I gathered some random datasheet from Google that I was able to find. Confirmation from someone who already made some designs with the MPS would be nice on this. hmmm.....
MickMad
giszo wrote:
I am designing a PCB including a few TIS97 transistors. As these are obsolete ones, as far as I have seen on this forum, the MPS8097 is a good choice for the TIS' replacement.

I was looking through datasheets whether the MPS is a drop-in replacement or not, but its pin out seems to be different. Facing the flat side of both transistors with their leads pointing downwards:
- TIS97 is C B E;
- MPS8097 is E B C.

Unfortunately the MPS8097 datasheet from Mouser does not show the actual pin out, so I gathered some random datasheet from Google that I was able to find. Confirmation from someone who already made some designs with the MPS would be nice on this. hmmm.....

Typing MPS8097 on Google and clicking on the first result I get a Mouser datasheet, and it dose say that the transistor is EBC where pin 1 is E; on the left top corner of the datasheet it says "MPS8097 - NPN Silicon Transistor - JEDEC TO-92 Case (EBC)"
giszo
Sorry, my mistake. I was expecting an image showing a pin out or such.

Anyway, it confirms the information I got from different datasheets. Thank you for pointing that out. we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1