MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synthesizers.com low profile cables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Synthesizers.com low profile cables
Jari Jokinen
Anyone using 'A' Series Low-Profile Color-Coded Patch Cables by Synthesizers.com?
https://synthesizers.com/qpa.html

Are there disadvantages compared to normal cables?
Dr Gris
I'd like to know if they're repairable if they go bonkers...

//M
JohnLRice
I have a bunch of them now, intended to use mainly for my live cases. So far I like them quite a bit. thumbs up

Pros:
* Low profile
* They look nice
* Can be easily color coded by end user
* Much lighter than standard DotCom patch cables so better for travel
* Thin somewhat stiff cable improves panel visibility

Cons:
* Thin somewhat stiff cable with no graduated strain relief makes me think that they will potentially fail sooner than a standard DotCom patch cable?
* I'm not sure how repairable they are. They maybe just screw apart but they do they seem to be glued and I couldn't get one open with medium aggressive attempts so I'm going to wait until one fails to really get serious Dono-Kun Dance

Tronman
I have some. I like them, but some of the colored rings popped off some of the cables.
cacticalNathan
Pretty cool if you can combine the colors in patterns like resistors. Definitely seems like you'd want them to be repairable.
JohnLRice
cacticalNathan wrote:
Pretty cool if you can combine the colors in patterns like resistors. Definitely seems like you'd want them to be repairable.
They do sell a package of 100 rings so you can do extensive custom color codes if desired.
JohnLRice
Tronman wrote:
I have some. I like them, but some of the colored rings popped off some of the cables.
Did they break or just slip off when pulling a plug out? I haven't used mine much yet but do you think over time that hand oils get into rings and cause them to slip out easier or? hmmm.....
Tronman
JohnLRice wrote:
Tronman wrote:
Did they break or just slip off when pulling a plug out? I haven't used mine much yet but do you think over time that hand oils get into rings and cause them to slip out easier or? hmmm.....

They broke without me even touching them, when they were almost new...just the grey and black though. I've since replaced them and the new rings seem to be holding up, so the originals were probably defective.
JohnLRice
Tronman wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
Tronman wrote:

They broke without me even touching them, when they were almost new...just the grey and black though. I've since replaced them and the new rings seem to be holding up, so the originals were probably defective.
Ahh, OK, thanks. I'll keep an eye on mine. eyes...
dopefiend
I have a bunch and so far they’ve been working like a charm. Love them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1