MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Power on !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Power on !
Davesax1965
Hi folks, a very minor mod here. I got completely sick of reaching around the back of my Doepfer case, so I'm altering a jewel indicator lamp from a Fender Twin Reverb as a "power on" indicator. Yes, I know the LEDs go on on the modules, this is just for fun.

It'll be combined with a vintage Arrow / Hart ball end DPST switch to serve as a power ON / OFF. The pictures don't really do it justice, the crappy phone camera doesn't pick up red light too well.

Uses the standard Fender 6.3v bulb, so there's a voltage divider going in there for the sparky power.

Davesax1965
150ma, so I'll steal that from the -ve rail.

I'll just make a voltage divider to drop the 12v in to about 6v.

cornutt
Remember that the resistance of a tungsten filament goes down as the filament gets hot, and size your voltage divider appropriately. I'd get a 6V battery, rig that up to power the bulb, and measure the current; then you'll know what value of resistor to use.
acgenerator
a Furman Power conditioner cost $80 USD new.... maybe $50 USD on ebay. Not only would it put the switch info for you, but would offer surge/spike protection and several more plugs as well for other gear without cutting into your HP/PSU.
Jaytee
acgenerator wrote:
a Furman Power conditioner cost $80 USD new.... maybe $50 USD on ebay. Not only would it put the switch info for you, but would offer surge/spike protection and several more plugs as well for other gear without cutting into your HP/PSU.

Doesn't sound very DIY to me...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1