MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tiptop Audio ONE and unleashed (black) component
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Tiptop Audio ONE and unleashed (black) component
jukka_k
Hi,

I bought 2nd hand Tiptop audio ONE, which arrived one component unleashed, the black (capacitor ?) behind the module, with two legs, silver-colored top. Anyone knows which component it is, and where to exactly solder it back ?

Thanks, I can send pics if needed smile !!
Footkerchief
Yeah pictures might be a good idea. Is it the one that's in the lower left in this circuit board shot from Schneiders?
https://www.schneidersladen.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df 78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/7/170048_3.jpg
https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/tiptop-audio-one.html
jukka_k
Yes, I think that one, here's a (resized) picture:

[/img]
jukka_k
Anyone having Audio ONE to check which leg to solder where ? There are three options when compared to the original, images here:

Cap or similar below:

Possible solder points:

I wrote to Tiptop Audio, but no reply yet.

Thanks !!
basicbasic
Positive to the outer pin of the power regulator or whatever it is, negative to the center pin

Interestingly, the solder joint on mine has come away![/img]
selfdestroyer
Looks like some last minute power filtering.
synthetek
looks like those caps were an afterthought, probably soldered by hand after the modules were manufactured.
jukka_k
Thanks all, got reply from Tiptop, yes, the cap is for reducing noise, not "superimportant", comes to U9 left and center pin as in Basicbasic's photo.

Thanks all, works fine without the cap, just tested, might even be a bit louder sound (I had one before, memory-based non-scientific comparison smile), maybe solder it back at some point, let's see !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1