MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blue Lantern Grids DIY BOM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Blue Lantern Grids DIY BOM
cathmart
So I just bought the Blue Lantern Grids pcb & Panel, the one with the MIDI in....and i've been searching the "Survival" site and downloaded the info there...which is all very nice for designers, but there is no list of parts...does one exist.
I'm new to DIY so maybe its a thing, but do I need to manually go over the pcb's and list the parts myself? am I really not understanding just how DIY it is?
a little help please.
batchas
cathmart wrote:
So I just bought the Blue Lantern Grids pcb & Panel, the one with the MIDI in....and i've been searching the "Survival" site and downloaded the info there...which is all very nice for designers, but there is no list of parts...does one exist.
I'm new to DIY so maybe its a thing, but do I need to manually go over the pcb's and list the parts myself? am I really not understanding just how DIY it is?
a little help please.

I'd ask where you purchased the Grids pcb & panel if I were you.

I don't know the Blue Lantern PCB, but the Grids BOM from the Grids open source project of Mutable Instruments is on Github here:
https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack/blob/master/grids/hardware_des ign/Grids.xlsx
cathmart
Thanks for that, however as the Blue Lantern Grids is significantly different from the original - MIDI in jack being the most obvious difference, Ill keep checking thanks.
indigoid
for the MIDI input part you'll probably need a 6n138 or 6n137 optocoupler, a regular signal diode (1n4148 or 1n914) and a couple of extra resistors

(I haven't looked into this module at all, but MIDI input circuitry is pretty uncomplicated and tends to be the same everywhere. I made a MIDI expander for my MI Grids using the MIDI input section from the MI Yarns schematic, seems to work fine)
selfdestroyer
On the "survival" site, as you put it:
https://www.bluelanternstore.com/survival.html#/

Download the public-grids-v2.2f.zip file

Download Spirit Layout viewer or demo
https://www.electronic-software-shop.com/lng/en/electronic-software/sp rint-layout-60.html?language=en

Open the Spirit layout file from the downloaded zip mu-grids-v2.2F.lay6

You might be able to pull a BOM from there. Its dumb they did not provide you one. I know all the values are silk screened on the PCB but it would be nice for a full list.

Also, have you just emailed Blue Lantern about it?
cathmart
I have looked at all of the available images, and contacted, without response, blue.
I have the Muitable instruments grids diy bom, I'll use that as a starting point, when I get to the midi part, if I am having problems I'll try asking specific questions.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1