MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Z3000's getting ready to ship
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Z3000's getting ready to ship
Muff Wiggler
w00t
dkcg
any idea about price yet?
Muff Wiggler
can't tell you exactly

but more than $200 and less than $300
dkcg
Not a bad range. smile
consumed
did i miss the product announcement on this module?
REwire
Oh yeah, gotta have one for sure. That tuning feature is a must have. I don't know what or how yet, but I think it has some way to tune other oscs to it. No more sending signals out to ext tuners or ear tuning against my Nord Lead.

If it sounds like shit, what the hell, a modular tuner, sync and FM source.
brandon daniel
REwire wrote:
Oh yeah, gotta have one for sure. That tuning feature is a must have. I don't know what or how yet, but I think it has some way to tune other oscs to it. No more sending signals out to ext tuners or ear tuning against my Nord Lead.

IIRC, frequency counter built in, has audio input that's routed to the counter, so you can use it to tune anything else, too.
DGTom
ooooo! I'm getting ready to sink abit more cash into my euro rack & all these Plan B horror stories have given me cause for pause... may have to re-jig my plans!
JohnLRice
I Googled it so I wouldn't sound like a noob when I asked but the Tip Top site had almost nothing on it.
http://www.tiptopaudio.com/blag/2008/09/z3000.php

You'd think they'd tell people what it is so somebody might want to buy one. angry Mr. Green

So Mr. Main Man Muff, is this VCO a digital/analog hybrid or???? It looks kinda cool at least! 8)
Muff Wiggler
REwire wrote:
I don't know what or how yet, but I think it has some way to tune other oscs to it.

Yep, or your filters, or your LFOs or whatever.

See the "Ext In" jack? That's to plug an external signal into the frequency counter/display

REwire wrote:

it doesn't sound like shit 8) it sounds amazing, you'll see.
Muff Wiggler
JohnLRice wrote:
You'd think they'd tell people what it is so somebody might want to buy one. angry Mr. Green

it's not available for sale quite yet.... week or two more.

JohnLRice wrote:
So Mr. Main Man Muff, is this VCO a digital/analog hybrid or???? It looks kinda cool at least! 8)

Everything about the VCO is analog, the frequency counter and display is digital. The display can show switch between frequency/note/octave display

the FM response is a lot more dramatic than my Blacet or AFG VCOs

the Sync Modulation feature allows some crazy sounds I can get otherwise as well....

it's super cool

the sine wave sounds AMAZING
dkcg
Muff Wiggler wrote:
REwire wrote:
I don't know what or how yet, but I think it has some way to tune other oscs to it.

Yep, or your filters, or your LFOs or whatever.

See the "Ext In" jack? That's to plug an external signal into the frequency counter/display

REwire wrote:

it doesn't sound like shit 8) it sounds amazing, you'll see.

I think you'r e a liar! Post some samples! lol Mr. Green
dkcg
Muff Wiggler wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

JohnLRice wrote:

Everything about the VCO is analog, the frequency counter and display is digital. The display can show switch between frequency/note/octave display

the Sync Modulation feature allows some crazy sounds I can get otherwise as well....

it's super cool

Does this have kinda of an analog DX7 sound?
JohnLRice
Muff Wiggler wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

JohnLRice wrote:

it's super cool

Thanks for the info! Not 'my format' but I like to know what's gong on!

And yeah, I thinks yous is a liar too! Post some samples! lol
Kent
I'll take one in Red Seedless.
NV
Muff Wiggler wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

I hope they place a formal announcement on their site sometime soon. I imagine it would generate more immediate revenue to distribute some specifications, features, and reviews in the couple weeks before the product is actually for sale.

I guess I don't really understand the modular marketing scene. On the one end you have people heavily advertising modules which take months or even years to show up, and on the other end you have people with modules rolling out the door who remain close lipped. I wonder which method is most beneficial for sales.
felix
The latter, I assure you. It always works better that way for other MI products, I can't imagine that it's any different for modular.
Leisure Cove
I'm curious/excited about the display/frequency counter, and am very much in favor of these extra features being bundled with the newer Euro oscillators (Harmonic Animation in the AFG, the LFO in the Hertz Donut, etc.).

Looking forward to hearing/seeing a demo of this module in action!
chimologic
I wonder whats the lowest frequency this thing can count? meaning if I put
a sequencer gate output or some other clock into the input can it be used accurately to measure the tempo... curious as this is a feature I been looking for....
Muff Wiggler
just tested this for you - with sine waves, down to 1hz, then the display switches to read "LFO" any lower than that

I tested a variety of clocks, and it could 'read' most of them - clock out from Wiard Noise Ring, Blacet Binary Zone and Harvestman Zorlon Cannon all worked fine. Signals out of the Plan B Model 28 Tap Clock could not be read.
Kent
Video or it never happened! hihi lol hihi
chimologic
cool thanks for testing it.

1 hz means then it can only read down to a 60 bpm speed, not too bad, but not too great, of course thats not its intended functionality, but just curious it it could be used that way as well.

I guess I will continue to wait for the day Blacet decides to release hex zone on eurorack format then to get that clock counter and a lot more....
Kent
I bet that it would be an easy modification. Besides the panel...
dkcg
A little birdy told me AH should have them within a week. Tweet tweet.
elemental
Seen!
Just got a 2nd hand M15 on the way (finally!!!)
But this looks very very useful. The amount of times I record patches on their own which are totally not in tune with anything else once I start building a track around it... I can never remember/be bothered to tune if I'm just noodling. And then you hit on an amazing sound/sequence ..

Might have to sell one or both of my RS95e's!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5