MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FM Ogre in Loudest Warning format (4u)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author FM Ogre in Loudest Warning format (4u)
lasesentaysiete
I have made a pcb/panel combo for Wsynth's FM ogre. No wiring thanks to the panel pcb. Below is the panel layout. The bottom of the graphic was cut upon exporting from Illustrator. The actual file is fine.

Design files will be published as soon as everything is confirmed working. I can also build these upon request.

flts
Thank you, this is pretty brilliant... I was thinking about how it would be nice to build more familiar digital stuff for 4U aside the Orgone, but I'm too lazy at the moment to re-layout anything myself (there, I admitted it). Well - first dksynth mentions the LW O_C and now this!

If you end up with any spare panels and PCBs, I'm in for one or two. Otherwise will probably order <a minimum amount> myself.
lasesentaysiete
flts wrote:
I was thinking about how it would be nice to build more familiar digital stuff for 4U

Yes, that was my thinking, too. A dual FM Ogre would also make a great Random*Source 4x4 module.
flts
A pair would be very nice, yeah. OTOH as I've got some LW size boats under construction / half finished, could be nice simply to either build 2 with your panel layout, or copy-paste a 4" (?) "dual" panel from that...
the bad producer
thumbs up Cool!
J3RK
Nice!

I have zero time, but I think I'd probably want a pair of these. I agree that a dual panel in 4" would be cool! This is fun!
johnchantler
could definitely go for two pcbs...
mothertongue
Looks good, I'd build a pair too. Nice to see some new activity in the LW format! thumbs up
cygmu
I am trying not to say "yes", but yes. Probably two please.
lasesentaysiete
I will finally get around to assembling my pcbs today. If all goes well, the files will go onto github (just have to confirm where).

I will have 10 extra sets of pcbs (main+panel) available. PM if you would like some. 10€/set + actual shipping.
flts
PMed for Math... FM Ogre! I think I'll try to make a 4" dual panel for myself at Schaeffer/FPE. Is it a .75" grid?
lasesentaysiete
flts wrote:
Is it a .75" grid?

yes, its a Serge 8x16 grid (1'' horizontal, 3/4'' vertical). I will post a pdf of the panel layout.
flts
lasesentaysiete wrote:
yes, its a Serge 8x16 grid (1'' horizontal, 3/4'' vertical). I will post a pdf of the panel layout.

w00t SlayerBadger!
lasesentaysiete
ok, sorry for the delay. I have been busy with other things.

So I finally completed assembly and got everything working. Oh, that sound!

Unfortunately, though, I feel that there are too many small fixes needed to the pcb in order for this to be worth anyone's while. I will get a new set of corrected boards made.

Updates to come!
ashleym
Did you ever think of moving the sample switch to below the PM/FM controls to avoid the up sloping lines and to line up a couple more of the toggles ? Too late I’m sure and it might not suit your pcb layout. I’m only asking !
a100user
Nice
J3RK
w00t
J3RK
spinning
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1