MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oakley VCO questions!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Oakley VCO questions!
Tronketz
-Because it has a triangle core does that mean is has glitchless sine/tri outs?

-Is there an audio example of its variable sync? I'm wondering if it can sound like this: http://www.nitrogen.myzen.co.uk/Misc/SpectrumSync.mp3 (listen to the soft sync, it has a very nice buzz-clicky character)

-Can the LINEAR FM inputs be modded for DC/AC?

Linear DC/AC on the MOTM VCO have different interesting behaviors.
Synthbuilder
Tronketz wrote:
-Because it has a triangle core does that mean is has glitchless sine/tri outs?

The Oakley VCO is a sawtooth core. Triangle and Sine have small glitches - but there is a trimmer on board to reduce these to a very small level.

The VC-LFO is triangle based and I'm going to be looking at it's usage as a proper audio rate VCO sometime this week. It doesn't have variable depth sync though.

Tronketz wrote:
Is there an audio example of its variable sync? I'm wondering if it can sound like this: http://www.nitrogen.myzen.co.uk/Misc/SpectrumSync.mp3 (listen to the soft sync, it has a very nice buzz-clicky character)

The Oakley VCO doesn't sound like the Spectrum. I had one and nothing quite sounds like that one on low sync depths. That is triangle based however.

But if anyone does have any samples of variable sync on the Oakley VCO feel free to put them here.

Tronketz wrote:
Can the LINEAR FM inputs be modded for DC/AC?

If you are building your own panel you could easily add a switchable capacitor to DC block any input signals.

Although, another way to do this on a standard module is make a AC coupled patch lead. Simply fit a 1uF polyester cap in series with the signal lead inside one of the terminating plugs. Or one can make a DC blocking multiple - where one socket is connected to another three via a 1uF cap.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1