MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 auto calibration question, FH-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 auto calibration question, FH-1
Dadaisme
Hi!

I have read that the FH-2 can autocalibrate midi/cv to vco by output. What I am not sure about is: is it possible for exmple to have 4 midi channels->cv to 4 differents vco be calibrated at the same time? If not is there one of your modules that can do it?

Can the FH-1 be calibrated for many vco at the same time?

Thx!

Dadaisme
os
It won't run the calibration process simultaneously for 4 VCOs, but if you calibrate them one at a time it will then use the calibrations while playing the 4 VCOs over MIDI.

The FH-1 doesn't have this feature.
Dadaisme
Hi!

What is the octave range of the autocalibration? Will it try to have de widest set possible for each vco?

Thx!
os
The output voltage range is 10V, so if possible it will calibrate over 10 octaves.
Mndscrpt
haha, i was just about to suggest VCO calibration as a feature request when i found this thead...
Honestly, ES is the future! SlayerBadger!

So, just to be sure:
The FH-2 allows me to retune/calibrate the pitch of 4 VCOs to the values of specific midinotes at the same time and uses the dedicated inputs as reference?
os
I'm not sure what you mean by that, sorry.
Mndscrpt
Ok, sorry for the confusion. I was wondering if the MKII could do something similar to the endorphin.es "autopilot" for example. There you have cv I/O and audio reference IN. Or is that just my interpretation of "calibrating"?
os
I would suggest you read the FH-2 user manual.

Basically it scans the CV range and listens to what audio pitches are generated. Then it remembers that so it can drive any required pitch (without the audio connection thereafter).
Mndscrpt
ok, i already stumbled on the manual. I thought there maybe was a way to scan the output permanently, so that slightly off VCOs are always tuned during a performance when its getting hot or i accidently hit a knob.
But this is already pretty close to what i need and will help me playing chords etc. in a live situation.

Thanks for your time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1