MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 218 REV1 Touch Activated Keyboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Buchla 218 REV1 Touch Activated Keyboard
dksynth
has anyone got the firmware and BOM for this thing? I could have sworn it was still on the Electric Music Store just a couple months ago when I was planning the build.... but I can't find it now.
captnapalm
Here's the rev1 firmware. I'll see if I have the BOM when I get home.
xahdrez
Was just looking for this myself (SALE This is fun!)!

Found both at the bottom of this page:

https://electricmusicstore.com/blogs/build/touch-activated-voltage-sou rce-model-218
dksynth
thanks, captnapalm you're a champ!

appreciate the link xahdrez but that's for rev2.0 218 which is a bit different.
captnapalm
And the BOM:
xahdrez
dksynth wrote:
thanks, captnapalm you're a champ!

appreciate the link xahdrez but that's for rev2.0 218 which is a bit different.

Oh yeah, my bad! Sorry!
dksynth
happens to the best of us xahdrez thanks nonetheless for trying to help smile

sick, I got pretty much everything with my mouser order tomorrow on guesswork.

Also thanks captnapalm, been using your guides on cutting down halliburton cases for my easels this week! trying to get them built up properly.
captnapalm
dksynth wrote:

Also thanks captnapalm, been using your guides on cutting down halliburton cases for my easels this week! trying to get them built up properly.

Nice, please post pics when you're finished! Let me know if you have any questions.
dksynth
next question.... how to fix the annoying slight increase in pitch when a key is touched? everything seems to work but it's like I have Roland auto bend on all the time and I want to do more than Elmer Fudd falling down noises
papz
This may be PSU related : weak PSU, thin cables between the modules and PSU, poor connection...

Or maybe LED bleeding : when the envelope or pulser is fired, the LED lights up and may cause a slight drift, this is a common 208 issue that can be fixed by a resistor added in series with the LED.
dksynth
Bang on papz, it’s the poor power connectors I use to patch things together in my work bench.

It was the voltage itself jumping, I already modified my 208s by cutting the LED traces and installing SMD resistors.... works a treat.
papz
thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1