MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modding Werkstatt for Euro use
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Modding Werkstatt for Euro use
Deetrone
I'm slowly building (partly DIY) my first rack. I use an 0 Coast as the centerpiece most of the time and also have a Werkstatt. I love the sound but I can't integrate into my workflow well w/o having 3.5mm outs, so I'm gonna have to DIY that (not interested in the expander as it's an overpriced and mediocre solution) + add a gate in...

1) what would be the best way to ground all the connections? I want to avoid ground loops and amatuer methods. Anyone here who did the mod?
2) so some of the voltage levels are 10 Vpp, but it seems I have to get the VCA in Down to 0-5 V from 0-8 V. Also I'll probably need some rectification there but I need to check the schematics again. Also the linear FM is 5 Vpp for some reason, is this normal or is it 10Vpp in euro standards?
3) I'll have to amplify output signals accordingly. If anyone did this would a breakout box be more appropriate for attenuation/amplification or just use the stripboard on the werkstatt PCB?
4) anything else to pay attention to, useful mods to do along with the above?

Thanks for any input.
euromorcego
Deetrone wrote:
... I love the sound but I can't integrate into my workflow well w/o having 3.5mm outs, so I'm gonna have to DIY that (not interested in the expander as it's an overpriced and mediocre solution) + add a gate in...

overpriced? the expander?

It is $45 --> https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WerkstattCVEB--moog-werkstatt- cv-expansion-board

what would be not overpriced? $20? $10?

Of course, you can always go the full conversion:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1620648
Deetrone
I meant that it if you diy it it costs like £5 and I can add what I need (waveform out instead of vco out, mute the vco if there's aux in etc.).
I'll look through the full conversion thread, although i wouldn't want to rack it as I like standalone stuff and have very linited rack space. Cheers though
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1