MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BMC55. Sallen Key VCF
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author BMC55. Sallen Key VCF
Boogdish
Just finished documentation and youtube demo for a new module. Video is below, a PDF with schematics/parts list and information on ordering a PCB is at http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/skvcf/ PCBs are $8

brycecake
i was just checking your site the other day for a filter. seems predestined. guess i might need one.
a previous ms20 low pass filter clone i built goes very nearly silent with the cutoff turned all the way down. yours doesn't seem to do this?
JakoGreyshire
Audio rate modulation would be fun with this filter, eh?.....
brycecake

I stuck two of these behind a 12hp panel and am so pleased with it. I enjoy being able to use them seprately and in series. The build was so easy, I ended up doing both these and the panning mixer shown beside it all in an evening! applause
shiftr
brycecake wrote:

I stuck two of these behind a 12hp panel and am so pleased with it. I enjoy being able to use them seprately and in series. The build was so easy, I ended up doing both these and the panning mixer shown beside it all in an evening! applause

Nice panels! What design is the panning stereo mixer?
shiftr
Nice panels!
What design is the panning mixer?
rosch
yes nice panels. cool, definitely going to try these filters
SoundPool
So if the two inputs can be used in parallel, then if you build with bananas is the switch really necessary? Or am I misunderstanding something about the wiring/input design here?
brycecake
shiftr wrote:
Nice panels!
What design is the panning mixer?

Thanks! The panning mixer is another Barton pcb. BMC54 if I'm not mistaken. I omitted the headphone output as I have an output module already.
The panels were done using the drill guides provided on the Barton website, the graphics done with transparent sticker paper. I'm super stoked on them applause
brycecake
SoundPool wrote:
So if the two inputs can be used in parallel, then if you build with bananas is the switch really necessary? Or am I misunderstanding something about the wiring/input design here?

When there's nothing plugged into the highpass filter input, the output sounds noisy and overdriven. Not sure of the technical reason as to why, but I forgot to ground it at first and was disappointed by the sound quality.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1