MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FX Pedal lighting feedback design
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author FX Pedal lighting feedback design
Animalbeats
Hi Folks

I was hoping to get into making my own pedals, but I'm unaware as to how I can have a light for rate and depth....

Any pointers?

Gordon
khakifridge
You'll need to give us much more information. What pedal were you hoping to build with these mods?

If I were you, I'd head over to the forum at diystompboxes.com where there are many knowledgeable folks who will be happy to help in your endeavours.
Rex Coil 7
Animalbeats wrote:
Hi Folks

I was hoping to get into making my own pedals, but I'm unaware as to how I can have a light for rate and depth....

Any pointers?

Gordon
Pointers? Yes, use an LED.

(seriously?) meh

Ok, this is like calling the auto parts store and asking "the check engine light is blinking, what parts do I need?".

As has been pointed out, you need to be far less ambiguous. I mean, we're good, but we're not wizards ... besides my crystal ball is in the shop.

thumbs up
matthewjuran
One way is to make an electronics circuit that varies current through the suggested light emitting diode.

An LED is a diode so it has a voltage drop across it but minimal resistance and it has to be oriented in a certain direction. By putting it in series with a resistor you can guarantee a specific current by calculating with Ohm’s Law, current equals resistor voltage (after diode drop) divided by the resistor resistance.

So the appropriate battery for the LED with a correctly sized variable resistor gives you an adjustable brightness LED. You’ll want to look at the LED datasheet in detail to decide these electrical values.

If you want to vary by the signal instead of just by the parameter amount then I’d start by looking at transistor current source circuits.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1