MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dipping a toe into 5U: First Patch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Dipping a toe into 5U: First Patch
Precarious
Built my case and testing out some modules. Case is less than half full so lots of growing to do. Must say, I'm enjoying this format very much so far. Very different from eurorack and Buchla.

Controller is Future Retro 512 Touch Keyboard, using clock out to Q179 Envelope++ acting as a 4-step sequencer driving Q167 LFO++ in VCO mode, as well as Q106A VCO tuned to an interval. Those run through Analog Craftsman acGRISTLE Deluxe creating the nasally line. Then Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Magnus used as a VCO played on the keyboard through Q107A State Variable Filter then into Q150 Transistor Ladder Filter where saw from Q106A adds in. Touch out of the keyboard goes to BIM spread so added pressure drives pitch up an octave.

Recorded as two tracks. Effects added in Ableton Live.
hsosdrum
Very nice, Precarious. Welcome to 5U and don't forget to guard your wallet!
Thalassa
it sounds great, welcome to the Mu world smile
MrNezumi
nanners applause thumbs up Loved it!
Gaetan
Nice atmosphere !
kindredlost
Interesting patch. Sounds great!
Precarious
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!
Rex Coil 7
Precarious wrote:
Touch out of the keyboard goes to BIM spread so added pressure drives pitch up an octave.
"BIM" ?

Recently someone else used that, as well as "BAP". The actual quote was "BIM/BAP" (written just that way) regarding a sequencing method or the like. I asked what was meant by "BIM/BAP" but no reply was given.

cool
Precarious
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
"BIM" ?

Recently someone else used that, as well as "BAP". The actual quote was "BIM/BAP" (written just that way) regarding a sequencing method or the like. I asked what was meant by "BIM/BAP" but no reply was given.

cool

It can be confusing...

In my case BIM = Basimilus Iteritas Magnus

But Bi Bim Bap = Korean rice dish

and Mmmbop =
burdij
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Precarious wrote:
Touch out of the keyboard goes to BIM spread so added pressure drives pitch up an octave.
"BIM" ?

cool

Possibly referring to this: "Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Magnus"

Welcome, Precarious. Thanks for posting your "maiden voyage".
Precarious
burdij wrote:
Welcome, Precarious. Thanks for posting your "maiden voyage".

Thanks! Hey, are you the guy behind Grove Audio? I have GMS-714 Quad VCA. It's great! So much functionality in a single space.

I want GMS-302 Dual VCO but it's been out of stock. Will it ever be available again? Or are they built to order if I pay upfront? Been holding back from adding VCOs in hopes of getting this so let me know if I missed out.

I need closure before I can move on. cry
JohnLRice
Congrats on your new 5U! I enjoyed your first patch too! thumbs up
Precarious
JohnLRice wrote:

Thanks, man! Like I said on Youtube, your videos were a big help and inspiration.
JohnLRice
Precarious wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Thanks, man! Like I said on Youtube, your videos were a big help and inspiration.
Thanks, glad to help! spinning
trentpmcd
I think this is the first time I heard the BIM (sorry Rex hihi ) in 5 U in the wild. Love the sound of it. Welcome.
Precarious
trentpmcd wrote:
I think this is the first time I heard the BIM (sorry Rex hihi ) in 5 U in the wild. Love the sound of it. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.

It is a pretty wild module. CV inputs for every parameter. This was the only time I've used it as a straight VCO. It really excels at dynamic percussive sounds since it has integrated VCA and ENV.

This is not the best example but you can get an idea. Watch the light in the middle of BIM to see which sounds are coming from it. I should point out it's running through Q107A filter and delay.

burdij
Precarious wrote:

Thanks! Hey, are you the guy behind Grove Audio?

Yes, Grove Audio is my baby.

Precarious wrote:
I have GMS-714 Quad VCA. It's great! So much functionality in a single space.

Thank you for your kind words. Its about as much as I can pack into one 1MU panel.

Precarious wrote:
I want GMS-302 Dual VCO but it's been out of stock. Will it ever be available again? Or are they built to order if I pay upfront? Been holding back from adding VCOs in hopes of getting this so let me know if I missed out.

I have sent a PM regarding the availability of the Dual VCO module.
Precarious
burdij wrote:
I have sent a PM regarding the availability of the Dual VCO module.

OMG! hyper Today is my lucky day!

Thank you! I just ordered. So happy I held out. Really looking forward to adding this beast to the case, which is now nearly complete.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1