MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sounds of Synth-Werk 921 - 901(line audio added)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Sounds of Synth-Werk 921 - 901(line audio added)
josaka


Dave Peck
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.
josaka
that is actually surprisingly close to the sound from the speakers..
there are 2 different sets of oscillators as well.. so that gives a little context..
the speakers were not very loud so there was no distortion..
thing about these clips and why I dont bother recording them to a daw..
1st.. its not a sequence from a track I am working on..or intend to.
and no matter what you do it seems someone always complains about something.. effects.. etc.. just changing the cp3 levels changes the whole thing as well.. so there is that.
also ..this was a reply to a video by pablo from corsynth (which he shot on his phone) of a similar sequence frm Moog 921s
Dave Peck
Understood, Josaka. Thanks again for posting this.
Analog Music
josaka wrote:
that is actually surprisingly close to the sound from the speakers..
there are 2 different sets of oscillators as well.. so that gives a little context..
the speakers were not very loud so there was no distortion..
thing about these clips and why I dont bother recording them to a daw..
1st.. its not a sequence from a track I am working on..or intend to.
and no matter what you do it seems someone always complains about something.. effects.. etc.. just changing the cp3 levels changes the whole thing as well.. so there is that.
also ..this was a reply to a video by pablo from corsynth (which he shot on his phone) of a similar sequence frm Moog 921s

Dude you don't have to explain you were just jamming out , it may not be a direct feed but you can hear the power , nice sequence to .
Analog Music
Dave Peck wrote:
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.

Yea Moog just did this on there Moog One livestream and everyone complained about it for 8 grand a direct feed would have been nice , possibilities look great tho .
josaka
Quote:
...you were just jamming out


yup.. smile

nanners





Rockin' Banana!




It's peanut butter jelly time!
MrNezumi
Moog/clone this, Moog/clone that - whatever. You've got two Krisp1 TZOs! I want to hear them used together. I have one and it is a fun OSC; two must be a blast.
josaka
MrNezumi wrote:
Moog/clone this, Moog/clone that - whatever. You've got two Krisp1 TZOs! I want to hear them used together. I have one and it is a fun OSC; two must be a blast.


what kind of sounds would you expect to hear from 2 Krisp TZO's.. smile ?

..the clone backlash is well and truly here smile
MrNezumi
No clone backlash from me. I just don’t get super excited by Moog stuff or it’s associated clones. I find the Krisp1 TZOs more interesting. I like exploring the areas on its FM dial that don’t quite hold it together and I’ve wondered what it would be like to have a pair of them.
josaka
if you like 'crazy' then 2 tz will get you there fast smile
if you want sweet AM bell tones x 2 .. that takes more work..
as you will know with these the slightest tiny adjustment changes up the whole game.. smile
I often use them like buchla complex oscillators one as a main other as a modulator ...or in sync with heavy cross-modulation.
I was really asking if you use them in sequences /droney or more sfx sounds..?
Thalassa
As I've said on facebook , thanks for doing the comparative smile
JohnLRice
Thanks for the demo! thumbs up
josaka
Ok.. yet another pointless video.. smile
today recorded line audio of the 921 and 901
both 921/901 set up identical same 3-osc config
SAW/SQ/SAW..
no CP3 distortion.. ( the 901s seem to drive it a little)
pass one is completely dry with nothing added..
pass 2 has effects + Eq ..no delay.
whatever..

Dr Gris
Nice videos! thumbs up
I must admit my eyes also caught the two Krisp1 TZ VCO's....
I have a complaint... I'm envious hihi

//M
josaka
Dr Gris wrote:
Nice videos! thumbs up
I must admit my eyes also caught the two Krisp1 TZ VCO's....
I have a complaint... I'm envious hihi
//M


glad I didnt pan around a bit more.. ! woah SlayerBadger! Dead Banana
Mark11Audio
Dave Peck wrote:
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.


Superbooth is May 9th - 11th, 2019 this year... book a flight and hotel and join the fun Dave... the best way to tell the sound is to be there right in front of it, and talking to Gerhard... with internet compression and mic differences and how it was recorded will NEVER give you an accurate picture... but it IS nice of people to take the effort to showcase the line.

I am finally able to start slowly rebuild a "system"... and mine will include "many" modules from Synth-Werk this time. I will however try and not get too out of hand with a massive system... but we all know how that will likely end... d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! LMAO...

Bottom cabinet and PSU arrived today...

Starting over.... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Dave Peck
josaka wrote:
Ok.. yet another pointless video.. smile
today recorded line audio of the 921 and 901



Oooooh. Aaaaah. This is fun!
Laflamme
Mark11Audio wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.


Superbooth is May 9th - 11th, 2019 this year... book a flight and hotel and join the fun Dave... the best way to tell the sound is to be there right in front of it, and talking to Gerhard... with internet compression and mic differences and how it was recorded will NEVER give you an accurate picture... but it IS nice of people to take the effort to showcase the line.

I am finally able to start slowly rebuild a "system"... and mine will include "many" modules from Synth-Werk this time. I will however try and not get too out of hand with a massive system... but we all know how that will likely end... d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! LMAO...

Bottom cabinet and PSU arrived today...

Starting over.... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up




Wow Mark!
Where is the Moon system? Coming back to Moog like? why? I’m curious!
Mark11Audio
Laflamme wrote:
Mark11Audio wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:
I do appreciate it when people go to the trouble to make these clips, but - using a camera mic that is picking up signal from some unknown speakers several feet away with a lot of room noise instead of using a line input signal makes it impossible to tell what the oscs actually sound like.


Superbooth is May 9th - 11th, 2019 this year... book a flight and hotel and join the fun Dave... the best way to tell the sound is to be there right in front of it, and talking to Gerhard... with internet compression and mic differences and how it was recorded will NEVER give you an accurate picture... but it IS nice of people to take the effort to showcase the line.

I am finally able to start slowly rebuild a "system"... and mine will include "many" modules from Synth-Werk this time. I will however try and not get too out of hand with a massive system... but we all know how that will likely end... d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! LMAO...

Bottom cabinet and PSU arrived today...

Starting over.... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up




Wow Mark!
Where is the Moon system? Coming back to Moog like? why? I’m curious!


The Moon has been parted out and sold off, I only have a few misc little pieces left. The 590V Series you see here... and since this picture was taken, a new change has happened. I am going to "chop" the bottom cabinet down to make a CP Row, and then build as close as I can a Moog IIIC Clone using pretty much all Synth-Werk Modules. with the exception of course of that top row, which is all Synthesizers.com I will also use COTK CP3C Mixer's in the bottom row. There will be a few minor changes of course... and as of this writing, I will not be using any of my Moon modules for now. thumbs up applause

This will be a little bit of a slower build as I want to really build things specificly.

Here's the mock up from Modulargrid.




Moog IIIC Mr. Green

Synthoholic
Mark,
What made you decide to reboot your systems so many times? I remember you had Moogs, then you had a very large dotcom with multiple sequencers. Then you ordered so much Moslab you set Seb's production back a whole year that now everyone thinks he always takes that long (I'm teasing). Then you went with a whole Moon system. Your builds were so custom and meticulous that you seemed so committed to that setup.

I like your module selection. I think that the IIIC Needs at least 4 VCAs though. I'm not sure what kind of tank solution Gerhard is using though for this reverb.

When it came to my 914 from Gerhard, it picked up so much interference from the dotcom power supply that I believe that it wouldn't be safe above it even in a separate cabinet without some custom shielding. I will be paying close attention to what you experience with that.

Good luck.
JohnLRice
Fixed hihi

hamildad
When this one gets sold off, please automatically assume I have PMed for Synth-Werk FFB?

Kidding! hihi


SRSLY - great sounding modules, and a nicely thought out case, look forward to hearing what you come up with...
josaka
you can run more than 3 'B' 901 or 921s in a SW system..(unlike a moog)
up to seven from 1 'A' 901 or 921..


a little SW demo from facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/566683136718483/videos/1651314998255286/
Mark11Audio
Synthoholic wrote:
Mark,
What made you decide to reboot your systems so many times? I remember you had Moogs, then you had a very large dotcom with multiple sequencers. Then you ordered so much Moslab you set Seb's production back a whole year that now everyone thinks he always takes that long (I'm teasing). Then you went with a whole Moon system. Your builds were so custom and meticulous that you seemed so committed to that setup.

I like your module selection. I think that the IIIC Needs at least 4 VCAs though. I'm not sure what kind of tank solution Gerhard is using though for this reverb.

When it came to my 914 from Gerhard, it picked up so much interference from the dotcom power supply that I believe that it wouldn't be safe above it even in a separate cabinet without some custom shielding. I will be paying close attention to what you experience with that.

Good luck.


yeah, I have had quite a few modular systems in my day... and a few of those I regret not having. My original Moog 35+ was one of those I wish I still had... it had many "extra" pieces I just kept acquiring... back in the mid 80's I was buying from Louis Newman as he seemed to have a direct line to all the hidden Moog Modulars for sale...

The very massive double DotCom was really fun, it grew fast due to the affordability of Roger's product line, and it really sounded good... I think I got restless, and was "woo'ed" by the Modcan B Series at that time, and thought I needed something "fresh and new." I was also lucky, I had [2] buyers almost right away due to the Yahoo forums that Roger used to have... I posted the [2] halves individually and I had [2] buyers... it was just luck and timing. I also at the time bought an M5N in White from Ken MacBeth... it was my "white phase." LMAO d'oh! zombie hihi

The big Hans/Buller system was meant to be a clone of Ed's system, but using the Mos-Lab modules to replace the Moog modules. Separately, they sounded pretty good, but as with all massive systems, I was running into some mis-matched outputs somewhere and I was having a nightmare tracking down the issues... Frustration prevailed and I wasn't getting the support I needed to solve the problem... I maybe should have taken a step back and figured that out... but instead, I just said... ok I am going to just have 1 manufacture, and 1 voltage to work with... then the smaller Moon system was designed and built. Ironically, there was one voice in that system from COTK that actually "sounded" the best and most Moogy like. I used the 921A/BBB set an STG Mixer 904A filter and [2] 911's and a 902 from COTK... it had sizzle and bite... and now JLR has those modules, and it sounds awesome in his little case with the GRP24R...

The Moon system was a very good little system, but it didn't have the characteristics I was after, it was really missing the sizzle of some distortion from the mixers and quite frankly a 904A style filter, (which Gert has since now added.) The reason it was sold was typical of many of us here... "Financial Issues" I had just left San Francisco, took on a new day job, and then had a massive car issue, and had no "backup plan." Something had to go... the cost of living in San Francisco had literally put me back in debt... a LOT.

Which brings me to today... I also just sold my Waldorf Q - Phoenix Edition, that money has been allocated to Gerhard for the 1st voice of 901A/BBB etc etc..

I am trying to go back to my familiar ground... a Moog IIIC with the compliment B Sequencers on top... the difference of course is I wont be spending $40k Roger had a sale on his 960's with a 962 and Q171, I jumped on it... and thus started my new path for this system. So as not to get massively in debt fast... I have spread out the purchase over the next year, in [4] Phases...

Dad is going to assist me in "chopping" down the QSC-44 so I have a CP row, I have emailed Kazike for the [4] CP3C's and I am in the que...

I agree I could use a few more 902's / 911's etc etc, but I am trying to "clone" as best I can with whats available to the original IIIC layout with some variations... I am not getting the reverb unit at all, I have an Eventide that does that sound better...

If it wern't for my luck and going to Superbooth and getting to meet and take with Gerhard, I'm not sure I would have gone down this road... I may have just taken a longer break from things... but I really liked what I saw and heard...

...and as a last note. No more blue led's... I'm done, new start. applause applause applause applause applause thumbs up thumbs up
josaka
The S-W's definitly have the it factor.. both their oscillators and the cp3s sound very good to my ears.. but the output levels and drive make such a huge difference.. currently I have 10 moog styled osc.. so.. like basically a huge moog system... made up of 901s and 921s.. with a lot of filter options and a lot more modulation options + sub osc etc..

Guinness ftw!

when I first got the 901's I was a bit.. "meh.. whats all the fuss about" ..
that changed when I spent time with them and tried them in tracks..
Yes they are slighty limited.. but..I use them every day..
which is the highest testament really.
JohnLRice
Mark11Audio wrote:
there was one voice in that system from COTK that actually "sounded" the best and most Moogy like. I used the 921A/BBB set an STG Mixer 904A filter and [2] 911's and a 902 from COTK... it had sizzle and bite... and now JLR has those modules, and it sounds awesome in his little case with the GRP24R..
Almost, I actually got the Mos-Lab 921A/BBB, not the COTK set. It sounds quite nice to me . . . maybe the COTK set would have sounded better but I'm happy with the ones I have. thumbs up
Mark11Audio
JohnLRice wrote:
Mark11Audio wrote:
there was one voice in that system from COTK that actually "sounded" the best and most Moogy like. I used the 921A/BBB set an STG Mixer 904A filter and [2] 911's and a 902 from COTK... it had sizzle and bite... and now JLR has those modules, and it sounds awesome in his little case with the GRP24R..
Almost, I actually got the Mos-Lab 921A/BBB, not the COTK set. It sounds quite nice to me . . . maybe the COTK set would have sounded better but I'm happy with the ones I have. thumbs up


ah, the mind has faltered me once again... I at least knew it was indeed a 921A/BBB set, just the wrong manufacture. Oops. But as I did mention, by themselves, the Mos-Lab modules sounded pretty darn good, close to the Moogy sound I was looking for... and some of JLR's demo's post purchase also confirm that.

PS: Thanks for fixing the "artwork" on the Modulargrid version of my mockup... looks even better now. applause
Mark11Audio
josaka wrote:
The S-W's definitly have the it factor.. both their oscillators and the cp3s sound very good to my ears.. but the output levels and drive make such a huge difference.. currently I have 10 moog styled osc.. so.. like basically a huge moog system... made up of 901s and 921s.. with a lot of filter options and a lot more modulation options + sub osc etc..

Guinness ftw!

when I first got the 901's I was a bit.. "meh.. whats all the fuss about" ..
that changed when I spent time with them and tried them in tracks..
Yes they are slighty limited.. but..I use them every day..
which is the highest testament really.


You're right Jon - josaka, I think you have a really great balance of 901's and 921's at this stage, I bet you are having tons of fun... I do realize I can have multiple 901B's with a single 901A... I did that with my original Moog 35+ I had bought a 901A and [5] 901B's from a Korg rep back in the mid 80's who had modified the front panels for individual slider switches for each waveform... wish I still had those, it was funny, a small piece of black electrical tape covered all of those holes... I even played live with that one once...

But again, I am for now, trying to duplicate the layout of an actual Moog IIIC as posted in pictures, with some minor variations... but I have always like the 901A/BBB setup... for me that's a nice balance. And per Gerhards suggestions, I am replacing the single big 901 with a pair of 921's for slight variation and LFO capabilities.

I may.... may.... add another tier with 921A/BBB's and a few extra modules that didn't make the cut... but that wouldn't be until 2020! hmmm..... thumbs up

Dead Banana
Mark11Audio
hamildad wrote:
When this one gets sold off, please automatically assume I have PMed for Synth-Werk FFB?

Kidding! hihi


SRSLY - great sounding modules, and a nicely thought out case, look forward to hearing what you come up with...


Duly noted.... LOL hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

It will be awhile before any sound comes out, the first "voice" from SW wont even ship until 4th week of Jan, 2019... and I am not sure where "in line" I am with Kazike as well for the CP3C Mixers... but he's been very good at emailing me back and forth. So there's that. I've been very fortunate to have good luck with COTK... and hope I continue to do so.... thumbs up
josaka
Mark11Audio wrote:


You're right Jon - josaka, I think you have a really great balance of 901's and 921's at this stage, I bet you are having tons of fun...


oh yes.. smile
but at the moment I am ploughing the depths of my 2 DDVCO's having two makes some great sounds(as does one!) the detuning is great..then you chuck in the modulating between the two banks(four!)(buchla style) + seperate bank control(LFO/env fun) combined with the expo in.. electro monsters.



Mark11Audio wrote:

I do realize I can have multiple 901B's with a single 901A... I did that with my original Moog 35+ I had bought a 901A and [5] 901B's from a Korg rep back in the mid 80's who had modified the front panels for individual slider switches for each waveform... wish I still had those, it was funny, a small piece of black electrical tape covered all of those holes... I even played live with that one once...

thumbs up thumbs up

Mark11Audio wrote:

But again, I am for now, trying to duplicate the layout of an actual Moog IIIC . And per Gerhards suggestions, I am replacing the single big 901 with a pair of 921's for slight variation and LFO capabilities.

gerhard believes the phase 'effect' of more than 3 901 is null.. I still ordered a 4th.. smile and 2 more 921 smile (I am sure you are why he has not contacted me ...hes 2 months late ..which is not like him smile )
are parts of the IIIC unobtanium.. ?


Mark11Audio wrote:

I may.... may.... add another tier with 921A/BBB's and a few extra modules that didn't make the cut... but that wouldn't be until 2020! hmmm..... thumbs up
Dead Banana

"may" hhahhahahhhahahahahahahh.......
Mark11Audio
josaka wrote:
Mark11Audio wrote:


You're right Jon - josaka, I think you have a really great balance of 901's and 921's at this stage, I bet you are having tons of fun...


oh yes.. smile
but at the moment I am ploughing the depths of my 2 DDVCO's having two makes some great sounds(as does one!) the detuning is great..then you chuck in the modulating between the two banks(four!)(buchla style) + seperate bank control(LFO/env fun) combined with the expo in.. electro monsters.



Mark11Audio wrote:

I do realize I can have multiple 901B's with a single 901A... I did that with my original Moog 35+ I had bought a 901A and [5] 901B's from a Korg rep back in the mid 80's who had modified the front panels for individual slider switches for each waveform... wish I still had those, it was funny, a small piece of black electrical tape covered all of those holes... I even played live with that one once...

thumbs up thumbs up

Mark11Audio wrote:

But again, I am for now, trying to duplicate the layout of an actual Moog IIIC . And per Gerhards suggestions, I am replacing the single big 901 with a pair of 921's for slight variation and LFO capabilities.

gerhard believes the phase 'effect' of more than 3 901 is null.. I still ordered a 4th.. smile and 2 more 921 smile (I am sure you are why he has not contacted me ...hes 2 months late ..which is not like him smile )
are parts of the IIIC unobtanium.. ?


Mark11Audio wrote:

I may.... may.... add another tier with 921A/BBB's and a few extra modules that didn't make the cut... but that wouldn't be until 2020! hmmm..... thumbs up
Dead Banana

"may" hhahhahahhhahahahahahahh.......


as far as I know, only a few select modules are not available for an "actual" full blown IIIC clone, (at least from SW) the 904C Coupler module, 992 C/V Switches and 993 Envelope routing switches as well... Ironically, the 590V&G Modules I have from Moon are kind of the modern day equivalent... but if I am trying to keep to true form, I was running out of "physical room" to add those modules in... that's really why they're not included right now. No room !!! woah d'oh! meh

I had the Mos-Lab 904C's, but again, all of that was sold a few years ago.... and again, some of the switching modules that really aren't needed for my purposes. I'm also not getting the SW905 reverb module and tank... decided I wanted more filters instead. So in my Modulargrid layout, I put the 904B High-Pass Filter where the 905 Reverb would go, and a total of [3] 904A's right in a row...

I'm not anybody important in the "line".... LOL, Gerhard flat out told me, I'm on the list for the last week of Jan 2019, nothing will happen in Dec. I do know that he's been at a few trade shows recently... so that may also be why he hasn't responded. I'm not in any hurry, sure it would be nice to have it all, but I can wait... once I have the first voice, I will at least be able to play with the sequencers and record...

I know there are a whole slew of modules out there that would really enhance a modular system... but I am "purposely" going back to the basics of what I started with... what I know, a little less fancy stuff, more of a meat and potato approach to start... a core system that forces me to use what I have to create the same music as Edgar, and Christopher did years ago... back to where I first fell in love with sequenced patterns and racheted notes... thumbs up applause thumbs up Mr. Green

... and everybody knows once it's built, I will 99.44/100% add MOAR !!!!! LOL Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
josaka
Quote:
I'm not anybody important in the "line".... LOL, Gerhard flat out told me, I'm on the list for the last week of Jan 2019, nothing will happen in Dec. I do know that he's been at a few trade shows recently... so that may also be why he hasn't responded. I'm not in any hurry, sure it would be nice to have it all, but I can wait...


never had that impression from gerhard.. (unlike some others!) .. I was the first order of the SW921ABBB and he sent me the 921 001 serial.. smile
always gets back pretty quick.. honestly, I havent contacted him.. money is tight so a gap is good ..and I have a lot to play with and do/finish already.. bought a basimilus and eyeing up a pair of Ricks System X system 100m osc.. but I dont like the 2u aspect so looking into a repanel option first.. also be nice if they were grey with the 100m look.. smile
Mark11Audio
josaka wrote:
Quote:
I'm not anybody important in the "line".... LOL, Gerhard flat out told me, I'm on the list for the last week of Jan 2019, nothing will happen in Dec. I do know that he's been at a few trade shows recently... so that may also be why he hasn't responded. I'm not in any hurry, sure it would be nice to have it all, but I can wait...


never had that impression from gerhard.. (unlike some others!) .. I was the first order of the SW921ABBB and he sent me the 921 001 serial.. smile
always gets back pretty quick.. honestly, I havent contacted him.. money is tight so a gap is good .


I hear that part about "money is tight" ..... I have to make sure this time, my "eyes" don't get too wide compared to my wallet !!! ...a little bit at a time is the new process.

I agree, Gerhard is usually very quick to respond, and similar to JLR's experience, I have been very fortunate with Kazike, he's always answered me right away, and has shipped the modules when they're ready. I currently have an order with him as well, and all he indicated was I have to wait my turn in line... thumbs up seriously, i just don't get it
synthetic
Mark11, why did you go with mixers from COTK instead of the Synth-werk mixers?
Mark11Audio
synthetic wrote:
Mark11, why did you go with mixers from COTK instead of the Synth-werk mixers?


As with most of us, that plan has changed at least 6 times... hihi hihi hihi

No longer going to "moddify" the .com cabinet, but I also CANNOT use any of the SW modules in the lower half... they are too deep.

So the bottom row for now is a very empty row... I will likey go back to using STG Mixers for that row, due to their great flexibility, they sound great, and Suit's a nice guy... applause thumbs up
josaka
there are 2 things I am not mad on with SW stuff.. 1 is the size of the covers.. and 2.. the lenth of the interconnects.. not long enough to come out to the front so you have to reach in to connect the last ones.. bit akward.. but.. they sound great.. using the 921's tonight to destroy hashim. smile smile zombie
synthetic
Oh, interesting about the SW mixers being too deep. I guess they just do “portable” cabinets.
synthetic
josaka wrote:
there are 2 things I am not mad on with SW stuff.. 1 is the size of the covers.. and 2.. the lenth of the interconnects.. not long enough to come out to the front so you have to reach in to connect the last ones.. bit akward..


Size of the covers? I don’t understand. For 2 you mean the length of the power cables?
JohnLRice
Mark11Audio wrote:
No longer going to "moddify" the .com cabinet, but I also CANNOT use any of the SW modules in the lower half... they are too deep.
hey Mark, I can't remember if I saw someone else modify or suggest to modify their dotcom case like this before but I've often thought that if a nice and as small as possible opening (not like my shitty example below eek! oops ) was cut out of the bottom of a studio case and then the case was set up on a simple matching walnut box frame (like a lower keyboard garage but with the front blocked off etc) deeper modules could be put on most of the lower row? hmmm..... Less ambitious of a mod then chopping the whole thing down for a CP row but of course still permanently 'destructive' to the case.


If you are going to do this, maybe figure out the minimum dimensions that will easily work, and then cut the holes up to the next size that will match the size of a 1, 2, 3, or 4 U rack mount vent panel, that way if you decide later you don't need the 'trap door holes' in the cases or you are going to sell them, you can easily put the vent (or solid) panels in the holes so it will look nice?
josaka
they come in metal cases al la original moog modules.. they fit fine on my system except where I have a couple of 'support' slats..
the sw mixers dont have the cases(Iput these where the slats are) ..and are not too deep in fact.. its more the oscillators and other things that have the cases/covers/boxes..
the cables are the module interconnects.. more than power they also have other CV data..

the CP3 without a case.. 921/901 with


Synthoholic
josaka wrote:
you can run more than 3 'B' 901 or 921s in a SW system..(unlike a moog)
up to seven from 1 'A' 901 or 921..


a little SW demo from facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/566683136718483/videos/1651314998255286/


Bucki told me that a Moog 921A will push five Bs. I think Lightner told me that it would go beyond that. Norlander's huge Moog has both the 901A and the 921A in his system each pushing six oscs but I'm not sure if it took custom work to achieve that.

It might be that we typically don't see more than three because of mixer input limitations and because three is already PLENTY.
josaka
with the S-W Clones you can have seven osc with For each A controller 921 or 901 Gerhard will just add extensions boards to connect the modules..
I have 5 921B right now and 4 901B..

smile
Synthoholic
josaka wrote:
with the S-W Clones you can have...


Mos-lab.

Dead Banana

Just kidding. Great looking pictures. I know you are stoked.
josaka
...still got the 4 mos-lab 921 and 3 kobol too !!

MY ASS IS BLEEDING help eek!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group