MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

QuadDivider (QDiv)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author QuadDivider (QDiv)
BugBrand
I don't think I'd posted a clear picture of the Quad Divider module - part 2 in the ClockBox works (see, of course, the where the ClockBox ideas are heading thread)

I'm still slightly ambivalent on it - I miss the individual outs of the old CLK modules to some extent, though each approach has advantages.
It certainly can provide a lot of interesting and playable rhythm - and even covers the audio range too nicely, so you could use it for sub-harmony generation.

It'll be a little while before I get full documentation done for it. But in essence it has two identical sides, each with two types of divider:
i) left-hand divider is /2-through-/9 - these give a single hi pulse per division range - ie. high for one step, low for the rest
ii) right-hand divider is more binary /2 & /3 then each of these divided down by two - so these are equal spacing high and low.
(yes, diagrams WILL help spell this out more clearly!)

As with the DDSR, I'm not going to overly push it out at this stage, but a few can go out into the world. And I'll continue to play around with core divisionary ideas.
JohnLRice
Looks nice!
T. Jervell
Looking gooood love
kingspill
Love this!
lud
Looks like such a fun playable module with the knobs and switches!
BananaPlug
Quote:
I miss the individual outs of the old CLK modules to some extent, though...

You could provide for bringing individual outs to a separate expansion panel, either as a product for you or left to DIY.
chrisdermo
The Chewbacca Defense
After all the stress at work this morning this is a lovely sight!
a100user
Looks great Tom,

How's the quad clk source to go it with coming alone?

With this and the DSSR I'll be in desperate need for something to drive them.
BugBrand
Thanks!
I didn't mention the clocking switch for the right-hand-side dividers - you can clock either from the same source as the left-hand-divider (clk1), the output of the left-hand-divider (div1) or an independent source (clk2)

BananaPlug wrote:
You could provide for bringing individual outs to a separate expansion panel, either as a product for you or left to DIY.

Ah, not possible - well, at least for the /2-to-/9 part - those divisions would have to be done with several of the chips.

a100user wrote:
How's the quad clk source to go it with coming along?

Quad?! It was a dual, but I was feeling to take it down to a single in 2FW.
You can currently use anything oscillating such as VCO or looping-env -- but I do want a specifically tuned Clock module SOON.
batchas
I don't remember saying that: your layouts Tom look really clear/great/nice thumbs up

A lot of experience behind all this we're not worthy
BananaPlug
A layout like that one makes me want to brave the slippery slope and invent fractional frac units! Just drill the frames's mounting holes at .75" increments. Then you could make Dual Dividers.
It's peanut butter jelly time!
a100user
BugBrand wrote:

a100user wrote:
How's the quad clk source to go it with coming along?

Quad?! It was a dual, but I was feeling to take it down to a single in 2FW.
You can currently use anything oscillating such as VCO or looping-env -- but I do want a specifically tuned Clock module SOON.

My mistake Tom. I’m keeping the red and blues separate for now so looking for something to sit in the new frames and although tempted by the new VCO module it’s a bit over kill for driving the divider, DDSR etc. However a 2FW LFO’s sounds ideal.
fredguy
All I ever wanted in a clock modulator and then some.
soup
This looks great! It's hard to tell from the pic but can a shorting jack be used diagonally to normal the ouput of a divider into the input of the next divider?
BananaPlug
There's switches will do 1->2 and 3->4.
Also, 4" Pomona banana cords are the flexible alternative to shorting bars.
BugBrand
Ah, I don't really keep shorting bars in mind when designing - any positions they do fit is somewhat chance.
chrisdermo
This module is a beast! Was enjoying in the wider system but last night put it in a little 8fw config for more focused 'getting to know you' sessions - 1 CVCO, 1 QDIV, 1 Dual Filter, 1 Dual mixer with a Korg SQ-1 for control.
If there's space in my bag it's coming on holiday with me hihi

Finding this divider invites unconventional use, the difference in sound for audio rate divisions between the left and right dividers is really useful, and the multiple options for clock sources on each channel via the inputs and switches means this module can easily become a hub for making a cascade of sonic changes with the flick of a switch. Love it Tom!
lud
Received my Divider and it rules! First session last night had some real fun driving the ddsr, clocks from the dual envelopes - pinging the CO filter and cving the Chirper.
Another brilliant Bugbrand module!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1