MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CotK C1680 analog delay questions - can anyone help ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author CotK C1680 analog delay questions - can anyone help ?
stephenmendes
Hi,

I like the look of this module..... but will it do what I want ?

Basically I want this to do double duty as a high quality audio delay for vocals or any other audio source I pipe to it.

I use the Instrument Amplifier Interface (Q118) from DOTCOM to raise all my program sources (microphone, guitar, keyboards or recorded audio) to the synthesizer voltage level (+/- 10 volt)

I can then mix and use these external sources in the synth along with my 'regular' synth modules.

So can I get good quality vocal echo...... I should be able to get everything from delayed single echoes to multiple repeat echoes (with the feedback knob) on the long setting

On the short setting I should be able to do flanging and chorus effects with keyboard pads or whatever.

So what is your opinion ? ...... is this module a good general purpose effects processor for all audio delay duties ?
josaka
try the search stephen.. there are a few threads on it already..

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100067&highlight=
Leverkusen
I do not remember if the delay time was short enough for flanging and chorus but I don't think so.

The sound I would not describe as clean but more as 'with character' as it was designed to sound like it was an analogue, probably bucket brigade, delay.

So, no, I would not use it for high quality vocal doubling.

Though I loved how it sounds and I wish I still had it.
stephenmendes
Thanks for the heads up guys ..... appreciate the info
alternating.bit
Yes, I'll second the point about it would not be good for what you want.
I see the COTK analog delay as a retro, lofi delay. Mine produces a lot of noise actually which I always accept as just part of the deal.

If you want clean HQ audio for vocals I'd suggest a rack effects device or a higher end effect pedal - like Strymon or Eventide.
stephenmendes
alternating.bit wrote:
Yes, I'll second the point about it would not be good for what you want.
I see the COTK analog delay as a retro, lofi delay. Mine produces a lot of noise actually which I always accept as just part of the deal.

If you want clean HQ audio for vocals I'd suggest a rack effects device or a higher end effect pedal - like Strymon or Eventide.

Thanks..... perhaps the Lexicon MX200 rack mount processor is what I should get ?

It appears the MX200 unit will accept the 10 volt p-p synth level audio and output the same ...... anybody tried this ?..... would be great since I would not have to compromise sound quality by attenuating at input only to boost back to synth level at output (assuming I was inserting the effects processor between modules of the synth.
hamildad
I'll always recommend the Roland Demora for a digital delay with CV control.

Stereo, and with the ability to add lots of useful modules into it (like MIDI clock to CV) and even a whole monosynth if you want.

it has a nice stereo width effect that can be dialled in and everything can be CV controlled with attenuators built in.

small jacks though....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1