MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Linking 2 x CTL-1's?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Linking 2 x CTL-1's?
Roycie Roller
Not sure if this has been covered, but is there a way to link 2 CTL-1's to create an 8-step sequencer, other than clocking the 2nd with a row from the 1st? (i can't quite work out if that would actually work)
Ekofisk
I don't think there is a way to do this with just 2 CTL-1s, but Tom will have the definitive answer.

I have however done it with a sequential switch and a divider. Have both CTL1s sent to two inputs on the switch and send clock divided by 4 to sequential switch clock in (master clock to both CTL1s) . The sequential switch will now switch between the two CTL1s every 4th step.

Does it make any sense?
Roycie Roller
Ekofisk wrote:
I don't think there is a way to do this with just 2 CTL-1s, but Tom will have the definitive answer.

I have however done it with a sequential switch and a divider. Have both CTL1s sent to two inputs on the switch and send clock divided by 4 to sequential switch clock in (master clock to both CTL1s) . The sequential switch will now switch between the two CTL1s every 4th step.

Does it make any sense?

Very interesting, thanks!
You've explained it well.

At the moment i don't have a 2nd ctl-1, or sequential switch & divider, so i can't try it, but i'm happy it can be done.
BugBrand
Ekofisk wrote:

Does it make any sense?

Yeah, that's the way to do it (though I've never done it myself due to severe lack of the required bits!). I guess the lack of any link-ability was a bit of an oversight!
darenager
lol Diggin' this up lol

Ekofisk
I'm thinking it might even fit in 1U.
Roycie Roller
BugBrand wrote:
Ekofisk wrote:

Does it make any sense?

Yeah, that's the way to do it (though I've never done it myself due to severe lack of the required bits!). I guess the lack of any link-ability was a bit of an oversight!

How 'bout an 8-step version? we're not worthy
Roycie Roller
darenager wrote:
lol Diggin' this up lol

Nice!
mirri
Nice!
darenager
Yeah I reckon a 8 step version in 1fw would probably be better, and if it could step vertically as well, maybe with reset inputs it could be a crazy sequencer combo, especially when combined with some of the other clock stuff that is coming w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1