MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Implementing "tilt" mixing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Implementing "tilt" mixing
djs
I was looking at the Verbos 262V:

https://www.modulargrid.net/u/verbos-electronics-harmonic-oscillator-2 62v

And was interested in how the "spectral tilt" works.. obviously it's a mixer, but with more function.

So my thought is that the "tilt" is adding some CV to the slider/black banana jack for each section, and then using the output of those to do a final mix of the signal. But how do you do a "staged" mix- meaning, if you have the tilt all the way to the left, then the lowest harmonic gets the most volume, the one to the right of it a little less, etc.

Thoughts on how to do this?
ashleym
http://sound.whsites.net/articles/eq.htm

Have a look at section 10 here. I am minded of the QUAD hifi controls.
cygmu
It never occurred to me that it might be an actual tone control, though that does make sense. Since the tilt control in Verbos modules always comes along with the scanning functionality, I assumed that the tilt was achieved by offsetting the VCAs in the scanning circuit by various amounts. But now I think it’s a tone control!
ashleym
cygmu wrote:
It never occurred to me that it might be an actual tone control, though that does make sense. Since the tilt control in Verbos modules always comes along with the scanning functionality, I assumed that the tilt was achieved by offsetting the VCAs in the scanning circuit by various amounts. But now I think it’s a tone control!

Yes, it was a way to change the balance of the sound using smaller amounts of boost and cut. For all its sonic limitations the QUAD 44 is a real landmark physical design for me. I love the size of it, the slightly "technical" look, the clever ergonomics (there is a lot packed in there and it doesn't look cluttered plus there are different shaped controls for different functions). I love the look of the QUAD 33 more in some ways with the bold use of colour but it is a difficult decision between the 2.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1