MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular bouncing ball effect programming
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Modular bouncing ball effect programming
josaka
using an lfo its not so tricky..
but to hit a key and for it to play..?
How would you program it on your modular..?

Flareless
Looks like a job for some AND logic to me hmmm.....

ranix
I'd try an exp envelope controlling the linear frequency modulation of an oscillator. The oscillator's square output would be the triggers for the sound of the bounces.

I think the envelope needs an exp curve because the height of the bounce should decay (and therefore the rate of bounce should increase) exponentially.
sbuge
Maybe I did not understand this question correctly but,
you just need four patch cables and Corsynth C106 and basic VCA (like dotcom Q108).

C106[envelopeA]
Attack: 0
Loop: single
Decay: something between 5...7/10
D shape: something between 4...7/10
triggers: AB-A, BA-off
C106[envelopeB]
Attack:0
Loop: loop
Decay: something between 1...3/10
D shape: something between 4...6/10

Cables:
something to trigger c106 channel A
C106 Bipolar A ---> Q108 CV#2 IN
C106 OUT A ---> C106 B channel D CV
C106 OUT B ---> Q108 CV#1 IN

And then just plug sound source like sine/tri to Q108 signal input.
josaka
and if you dont have a C106..?

there is this pretty poor attempt with maths.. not smooth at all..

JohnLRice
This one sounds good:
josaka
JohnLRice wrote:
This one sounds good:

yep.. its smooth at least !!.. and has that attack on the 'bounces' thumbs up
sbuge
josaka wrote:

Every MU system should have C106 Rockin' Banana!

But seriously you can do the same thing with Serge DUSG or any env generator with cv input (SSL 1230, STG envelope with sidecar, etc.).

Maybe this could also be done with basic oscillator and ramp out.. have to figure it out hmmm.....
josaka
I think a lot of folk dont have VC ADSR's (they should! .. they are epic if you like messing with timings and env slopes etc)
so would be nice to find a way with the more standard modules... smile

I have the fantastic 1230 and DUSG ..
Dr Gris
josaka wrote:

Do you have the Oakley VRG?

//M
josaka
no I have a DUSG based STROH .. but I wanted to try to do it so most people who dont have Serge/Buchla dusg type based modules can do it.. normal env osc gate lfo seq etc..seems that only people with modules with ADSR/AR CV have found a way..

smile smile smile
Huba-Swift
Here's my 10 minute attempt. Not perfect but in the right realm.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-429558894/golf-ball-1[/s]

Edit: Figured people might want to know what I patched. It's pretty simple. You got your trigger going into an EG with max sustain and some release. Take the out and put it into the cv in of a VCA. Take the inv out of that EG, feed it to an LFO thats triggering a second EG, feed the out of that second EG into the input of the same VCA. On the output of the VCA you will now have a series of bursts that start loud and at a low freq, to zero volume at a high frequency. Then just take that cv signal and patch it into the VCF or VCA of your signal chain. In this case I had a couple oscillators going into a LPF, then into an all-pass filter with some resonance to try and simulate the resonance of the golf ball. It didn't turn out amazing, but it's 'aight. I get the feeling that something like a LPG or resonant EQ would really help here as those are both good for simulating natural sounds.
JohnLRice
Huba-Swift wrote:
hey, good job! applause What were the key elements of the patch?
Huba-Swift
JohnLRice wrote:
Huba-Swift wrote:
hey, good job! applause What were the key elements of the patch?
Just edited my post to include that. Didn't see this 'til after I did.
Flareless
Very cool HS! Going to try this later today thumbs up applause
CZ Rider
Interesting experiment. Mr. Green
Tried this with an old 60's Moog. Basically using a 901 oscillator as an LFO using a reverse saw wave to modulate the 902 VCA in expo mode. The 901 set to the fastest speed modulated by a 911 envelope with about a 2 second decay. The 911 output is inverted going negative 5 volts to zero so the 901 LFO starts slow then speeds up. A second VCA and envelope sets the duration.
Tweeked a pair of 901b oscillators for the tone source filtered via the 907 Fixed Filter Bank to remove most of the higher frequencies. A little 905 reverb to give it some space.
Patch looked like this.

Did something similar with a Minimoog using a keyboard controlled reverse saw to mod the filter and VCO. Pressing a low key first, then using the keyboard glide pressing a high note with a short VCA envelope.
josaka
CZ Rider wrote:
Interesting experiment. Mr. Green
Tried this with an old 60's Moog. Basically using a 901 oscillator as an LFO using a reverse saw wave to modulate the 902 VCA in expo mode. The 901 set to the fastest speed modulated by a 911 envelope with about a 2 second decay. The 911 output is inverted going negative 5 volts to zero so the 901 LFO starts slow then speeds up. A second VCA and envelope sets the duration.
Tweeked a pair of 901b oscillators for the tone source filtered via the 907 Fixed Filter Bank to remove most of the higher frequencies. A little 905 reverb to give it some space.
Patch looked like this.

Did something similar with a Minimoog using a keyboard controlled reverse saw to mod the filter and VCO. Pressing a low key first, then using the keyboard glide pressing a high note with a short VCA envelope.

nice.. thumbs up ...quite elaborate but nice smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1