MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Tcherepnin joins R*S as Chief Innovation Officer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Serge Tcherepnin joins R*S as Chief Innovation Officer
Triglav
Quote:
Frankfurt, 13 November 2018.

Serge Tcherepnin, the inventor of the legendary Serge Modular synthesizer system and, like Don Buchla, one of the founders of what became famous as the “Westcoast approach”, has joined the Random*Source team as Chief Innovation Officer with a focus on developing the 5th generation of the Serge modular synthesizer system.

Joining Random*Source will allow Serge to lead the development of a number of new and previously unreleased Serge ideas and designs. As Serge states: “I’m excited to work even more closely with Ralf and the Random*Source team as we share the tech savviness, obsession with quality and constant urge to push limits further. The main goal is to expand the range of modules and sub-modules that lend themselves to being "patch-programmed" in unusual and unforeseen ways, thus to add to and expand musicians' studio synthesizers way past standard synth configurations. I’d like to see the Serge system to grow wide and large, modules all talking to each other, whether they originated in my Hollywood lair in '75, or in the '80s on Haight Street, or now, coming from Random*Source.“
Cobramatic
Well.... this is exciting news!
Can't wait to see what the '5th Generation' will bring applause
Portabella
that's some crazy good news

nanners SlayerBadger! fap fap fap...
luketeaford
Looking forward to seeing what Serge comes up with to add to the legacy of great instruments!
CossoRorsa
Very exciting time to be interested in Serge, hopefully some older modules get updates too as has been the case with other Random*Source offerings
ryangaston
Very exciting news! Looking forward to what new 21st century Serge designs will be like—and of course, excited to see how the continued revisions of classic Serge proceeds.

Excellent news! applause
hox3d
Ah.

Good timing to get into Serge and LW, it seems.
razz
djs
Would be interesting to see how this affects STS (Rex Probe's business). Obviously it's a different model, but considering the glacial pace of new stuff coming out for Serge from STS, RS might be eating his lunch.
ashleym
This is fantastic news. The in-depth cleverness of Serge’s modules makes them such value - financially and creatively. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with next!!! Still giving us patch programmability.

I wonder how the new stuff will match up to what we hoped for? I would like the clever clever circuit design rather than menu diving to be the way ahead.
vgermuse
Monumental, Epic! Awesome news! SlayerBadger! w00t
Entrainer
Fantastic news!

I wonder if the 5th generation Serge will initially launch in the 4U or Eurorack format.
tojpeters
Real Serge vs. fake Serge argument settled
djs
tojpeters wrote:
Real Serge vs. fake Serge argument settled


You say this now, and then "real Serge" will put out 7 different variations of Moog low pass filter clones, all in 5u with 1/4" jacks.
gigasturtz
djs wrote:
tojpeters wrote:
Real Serge vs. fake Serge argument settled


You say this now, and then "real Serge" will put out 7 different variations of Moog low pass filter clones, all in 5u with 1/4" jacks.


If Serge himself chooses to make that then it's most certainly "Real Serge" right?
syncretism
djs wrote:
tojpeters wrote:
Real Serge vs. fake Serge argument settled


You say this now, and then "real Serge" will put out 7 different variations of Moog low pass filter clones, all in 5u with 1/4" jacks.



So, kinda TONTO again wink
diller
w00t

I'll be saving up for 5th generation. Very exciting news!!!
phisynth
Good news indeed

Bad news : my "complete" system will have to be expanded further Dead Banana
momo
Amazing news! applause
Avjr
phisynth wrote:
my "complete" system will have to be expanded further Dead Banana


My thoughts exactly.
simian
Wow, just... Wow.
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
tojpeters
djs wrote:
tojpeters wrote:
Real Serge vs. fake Serge argument settled


You say this now, and then "real Serge" will put out 7 different variations of Moog low pass filter clones, all in 5u with 1/4" jacks.

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are trying to say
the bad producer
phisynth wrote:
..."complete" system...


zombie
FatRocky
excellent ! ,, just one question: does it mean the new 4u Random Source DUSG mk2 XL and the new SEQ8XL nd possibly the new TKB are going to be obsolete in a couple of months from now? hmmm..... confused eek! seriously, i just don't get it zombie
syncretism
FatRocky wrote:
excellent ! ,, just one question: does it mean the new 4u Random Source DUSG mk2 XL and the new SEQ8XL nd possibly the new TKB are going to be obsolete in a couple of months from now? hmmm..... confused eek! seriously, i just don't get it zombie


Define "obsolete;" there are people on this forum rocking old paperface panels.
MechaSeb
Such a great news.

Looking forward to see what he's going to launch and re-work.
Welcome back Serge ! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group