Rare Waves Hydronium

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Panason
is banned
is banned

Rare Waves Hydronium

Post by Panason » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Sounds like they improved on the Grenadier for acid duties

[video][/video]

:spin: :spin: :spin:

zolar_czakl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zolar_czakl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 pm

:miley:

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Post by burnn_out! » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Stoked to see what comes of this. Long time supporter of archer's products
born in bathsalts..

If your not dead you might as well be dancing, and if your not dancing you might as well be dead. - windspirit

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am

[video][/video]
WTB: Bugbrand SEQ1, PRC2B, CLK2B, DD3,

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/580413

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gringo Starr » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Anyone buy one format and regret not getting the other?

The practical side of me says to get the Eurorack version as I don't need another box taking up table space in my already cramped studio. On the other hand the desktop unit would be nice and I know I would be more focused on it as opposed to seeing a ton of options in front of me in a rack. First world problems but I'm curious to know what you guys went with.
Weed only gives you the illusion that it’s enhancing your creativity.

steffie268
Common Wiggler

Post by steffie268 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:56 pm

I went for the yellow desktop version as at the time I had no intention yet of getting into modular.
There is a slight difference in the voltage range of the midi-to-CV conversion between the euro and desktop versions btw, in case that is of importance to you. You'd have to check the user manual for specifics as I'm too lazy to do that for you ;)
Also, feel free to check out the demos of the upcoming Ra-99 Grenadier, if you ask me that will be the "end boss" of acidboxes...

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Re:

Post by pmboos » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 am

Gringo Starr wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:15 pm
Anyone buy one format and regret not getting the other?

The practical side of me says to get the Eurorack version as I don't need another box taking up table space in my already cramped studio. On the other hand the desktop unit would be nice and I know I would be more focused on it as opposed to seeing a ton of options in front of me in a rack. First world problems but I'm curious to know what you guys went with.
I thought I'd pass along I picked up the Yellow desktop unit as well. This thing is awesome for bass sounds. Within minutes I had this awesome rubbery bass sound coming from it. It makes a great companion to the RA-9 I have. The controls on it are nice and simple and it's easy to find sweet spots.

It also plays nice with the Korg SQ-1 (I used CV/Gate); I have yet to try it out with my Orb sequencer, but I suspect that will become the primary sequencer for it. I have mostly semi-modular synths; I just ordered my first foray into modular with the Nifty Bundle a couple of weeks ago (it was on backorder so I am playing the waiting game). I hope it gets here soonish... I want to try out Cellz more than anything. I also have a few other modules I am considering.
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Rare Waves Hydronium

Post by Gringo Starr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:52 pm

I totally forgot about these! Goddamn these sound good. Thanks for the reminder!
Weed only gives you the illusion that it’s enhancing your creativity.

Return to “General Gear”