MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Everything's awful and pointless and frustrating ...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Everything's awful and pointless and frustrating ...
ObsoleteModular
... and then as if from nowhere you suddenly hit the sweetest little groove and it's all you can do to stop yourself from just listening to it over and over again and everything makes sense at last. Ahh, and breathe.

I guess that's why we do this Rockin' Banana!
RedLab
Ye ye but tell us about how you got that groove going, the production technique, that put you out of misery
JohnLRice
RedLab wrote:
Ye ye but tell us about how you got that groove going, the production technique, that put you out of misery
Accidents, they aren't just for breakfast anymore! hmmm..... Mr. Green
RedLab
JohnLRice wrote:
RedLab wrote:

Accidents count as a production technique too, although it can sometimes be a hard one to master
Panason
ObsoleteModular wrote:
... and then as if from nowhere you suddenly hit the sweetest little groove and it's all you can do to stop yourself from just listening to it over and over again and everything makes sense at last. Ahh, and breathe.

But a few days later you listen to it again with fresh ears and it's a mess. twisted
BailyDread
RedLab wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
RedLab wrote:

Accidents count as a production technique too, although it can sometimes be a hard one to master

as a wise man once said...

luck is a skill eyes...
Cortega
Panason wrote:
ObsoleteModular wrote:

But a few days later you listen to it again with fresh ears and it's a mess. twisted

Yes, and then you drop it on a Backup Harddisk, and a year later you are stumble over it and ask yourself „ how did i make this awesome Thing ? „

really i have a strange relationship to the Music i make,
in the moment it accrues and a short time after its mostly almost impossible to realize whether it will musical valuable for me.
Cortega
BailyDread wrote:
RedLab wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
RedLab wrote:

as a wise man once said...

luck is a skill eyes...

thumbs up
lisa
I do not recognize this feeling fully. Sure, once in a while I also stumble across something that's just lovely to listen to for hours but in between those glorious moments most attempts turn out ok.

To me, making music is more about work than luck.
felixer
lisa wrote:

that's right. you have to know technique and repertoire to get anywhere.
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
I've quit music once a month for 20 years.
CF3
lisa wrote:

I very much agree with this sentiment.

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1