MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SympleSEQ
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author SympleSEQ
Flareless
josaka wrote:
rich.. can you drive this thing way up into audio rates?

I've never tried. I'll test it this aft. First thought, though, is no.

More to follow...
Stereotactixxx
While the internal clock won’t go into audio rate, it can be clocked by ultrasonic frequencies from other oscillators. I use it every now and then as an eight (or fewer) stage waveform generator.
josaka
I have this module which is great..but it takes up a good few spaces...

bit espec near the end...
JohnLRice
My JBSS (Jelly Bean SympleSEQ) arrived safely yesterday! love

bwhittington
JohnLRice wrote:

love Wow! love
Flareless
JohnLRice wrote:
My JBSS (Jelly Bean SympleSEQ) arrived safely yesterday! love

Oh man it looks even better installed! I'm glad you like it.
josaka
...can someone post a video of an osc into the clock and run it to high speeds. thumbs up thumbs up
Precarious
Flareless wrote:

The winner of the contest was H - a Wiggler from PA in the USA. Congratulations H!!

Hey, that's me! Woo-hoo! Just stumbled onto this thread. Big thanks to Rich of Lower West Side for this great X-mas gift. He does quality work. Module looks great, functions perfectly and is tons of fun.

Looking forward to seeing what he's cooking up as an aid to SimpleSeq. Must reserve a space...
JohnLRice
josaka wrote:
...can someone post a video of an osc into the clock and run it to high speeds. thumbs up thumbs up
Here's a quick crappy silent video for you hihi
josaka
JohnLRice wrote:
josaka wrote:
Here's a quick crappy silent video for you hihi

excellent John..exactly what I was looking for.. thank you smile thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

and for all the trouble of recording and posting the video smile
alternating.bit
josaka wrote:
I have this module which is great..but it takes up a good few spaces...

bit espec near the end...

Is it anything other than an 8-step sequencer?
JohnLRice
love OH MY GAAAAWWWDDDD!!!!! love
josaka
JohnLRice wrote:

who has built such a demonic device..?
are the connections normalled..? so one cv/gate can output 4x
this with quantising would be hard to fight...

oh wait..

Dave Peck
JohnLRice wrote:

Hey, that's sweet!

This is fun!
Flareless
Wow that was a fast catch JLR. I was working on the track that goes with that image when your post was made. The plan was to release the photo and track in about an hour. This ModularGrid photo was uploaded a bit earlier so my OCD could happily see my cabinet as it was really laid out.

It was Lower West Side Studio that created this beautiful monstrosity inspired by John's Jellybean SympleSEQ. For shits and giggles I offset each row's color by one.

There is a switch that will normalize all the clocks with the A sequencer's clock (internal or external). This version has all the RUN / HOLD and RESET features wired independently but can have them normalized with some caveats.

All in all a great little toy!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/lowerwestsidestudio/jellybean[/s]

Track Info:

This track developed while testing a Hexinverter QuadSync sequencer built by Lower West Side Studio. This particular version was an expansion on the JLR inspired "Jellybean" SympleSEQ.

The sequence was built using all 4 sequencers clocked from an Oakley Dual LFO which was broken up by a CGS36 Pulse Divider / Boolean Logic Module.

The QuadSEQ gated Frequency Central System X and Hexinverter The Postman envelope generators.

Sounds generated came from Oakley and MFOS VCOs run through a Moogah SEM VCF and a Yusynth ARP 4072 filter.

The whole thing was plumbed through a series of Oakley Classic VCAs (the ones that go to 11) and a Yusynth Panning Mixer.

Because the whole exercise started as a lark I simply added bit from whichever synth I was near as I walked around listening to the sequence progress.
Faustgeist
Does this quad configuration involve any 'marriage' of the four symple SEQs? Like Josaka indicated normalization of say the clock down the chain of all four would be great. I am certainly interested - but am curious about furthering the functionality (ie your sydecar) nanners

-R
Precarious
I noticed this on modular grid! VERY nice!

It certainly has my 2 rows of symple SEQs beat. It's practically double.

Yup, just checked on a calculator and 4 is twice as many as 2.

I was right! Cheesy!
josaka
my jellybean style rack..

Flareless
woah Woah, that's cool. What the hell is it?

@Faustgeist - There is a switch which toggles between syncing sequencers B, C and D to the clock of sequencer A. This works with either an internal or external clock on sequencer A.

Inserting another clock source into sequencer B, C or D while they are sync'd to sequencer A will override sequencer A's clock on that sequencer.

(did I say sequencer enough in this post?)
JohnLRice
I decided to put Davies 1900 style knobs on my sympleSeq because of the tight spacing. (I'm going to do the same on both UEGs). While I was at it, I thought to also get a set of color coordinated knobs to match the jelly bean LEDs hyper nanners but . . . it was just too Tutti Frutti for me! meh lol

Had to try so now I know! All black Davies look nice to me and due to their skinnier diameter are easier to use on a crowded panel then the originals.
Precarious
JohnLRice wrote:
Had to try so now I know! All black Davies look nice to me and due to their skinnier diameter are easier to use on a crowded panel then the originals.

Damn! Those Davies look really nice on this module! Good idea.
josaka
nice to see a bit of colour/light/indiviuality .. poking out from the darkness smile
JohnLRice
Thanks Precarious and josaka cool Rasta-nana The sympleSeq with black Davies knobs looks a bit like a Modcan A series module to me . . .

Rex Coil 7
JohnLRice wrote:
... All black Davies look nice to me and due to their skinnier diameter are easier to use on a crowded panel then the originals.

eek! woah eek! woah eek!

diophantine
JohnLRice wrote:
Precarious and josaka cool Rasta-nana The sympleSeq with black Davies knobs looks a bit like a Modcan A series module to me . . .

Whew, thank goodness you went for the black Davies 1900h knobs!
As a red-green color-blind person, those previous knobs screamed more "FU" than "MU" to me! hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4