MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SympleSEQ
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author SympleSEQ
kcd06
Labcoats, capes, pattern baldness with ponytails, now coloring pictures. Is this a synth forum or daycare?

Nevermind, dont answer that...
Flareless
kcd06 wrote:
... Is this a synth forum or daycare?

It's both thank goodness!

But back to the SympleSEQ - There's still lots of time to win one of these little beauties and the odds are great!

While I've personally found this to be the ideal supplementary-sequencer in my larger modular its small form factor (only 4.5cm deep {1.77"}) make it ideal for portable systems.

You can find out more details on winning a SympleSEQ and taking advantage of some great savings during Lower West Side Studio's MAYDAY 2019 Sale. Time is running out though!

Here's the SympleSEQ prize module;

Precarious
I'm just here for the naps and free juice and cookies.

But srsly, folks...

As the winner of Flareless' last SympleSEQ raffle, I can vouch for the quality of Rich's work and just how much fun SympleSEQ is. I have two side-by-side running into STG Switch giving me 16 steps. Too much fun to be had!

Looking forward to release of the mysterious SympleSIDECAR Rich mentioned he's working on. A reset input would be very helpful. thumbs up
JohnLRice
Quick patch I just did with my Box11 setup that has my sympleSeq in it:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcgNIhhpeP/
Precarious
JohnLRice wrote:

Lovely!
JohnLRice
Precarious wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Lovely!
Thank you! cool Here's something I did this morning. It used the JBS (jelly bean sympleSeq) of course to play both a Q167 LFO ++ as the main voice and the Chrutil Plaits as the second sort of bass voice. I used the clock divider on my modified Q157 SH++ to fire the Plaits voice less often than the LFO voice.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/johnlrice/peaceful-gray-day[/s]
Precarious
Several examples here of SympleSEQ in action.

Pitches quantized by Q171/Q172.
Excessive patch notes on Youtube (just click the logo lower right in video).
My patches are kind of convoluted so outline of how SympleSEQ was used before each video.

Also note, 4 other modules from Flareless (Lower West Side Studio) in the case. thumbs up

Registry of Reflections

SympleSEQ 1:
CV modulates the attack of Noise Engineering - Basimilus Itiritas Magnus (BIM).
Gates control the melodic voice, as well as the flubby bass from Microcon module which switches between these gates and straight clock using CV controlling middle section of STG Switch.

SympleSEQ 2:
CV goes to STG Switch alternating its CV every 8 steps with that of Encore Electronics - Universal Event Generator in sequencer mode, which controls pitch of Corsynth C104 VCO.
Gates from SympleSEQ 2 trigger BIM as well as Analog Craftsman Gristleizer DLX gate input.

Q179 ENV++:
In pendulum sequencer mode controls pitch of Q176 LFO++ which plays against Corsynth C104 in the melodic voice.

Deep Tech

SympleSEQ 1:
CV controls the secondary sound that plays against the bass, and attack of Noise Engineering - Basimilus Itiritas Magnus (BIM).
Gate controls resonance of Q107A filter on the bass.

SympleSEQ 2:
CV controls the bass sound.
Gate fires once every 8 steps triggering channel A of Corsynth C106 Dual Loopable AD, and Encore Electronics - Universal Event Generator in one-shot mode.

Melodorous

Experiment using end-of-cycle gates from Corsynth C106 Dual Loopable AD in place of clocks.
I set both to loop, section A modulates section B's attack/decay times.
A's EOC gate acts as clock for SympleSEQ 1.
B's EOC gate acts as clock for SympleSEQ 2 and resets section A.
B triggers 4 times (2 fast, 2 slower) for ever step of A.
You can visually see which SympleSEQ is in control of which sounds.
Corsynth C106 - Watch the green lights upper left.
Some FM between VCOs.

JohnLRice
Precarious wrote:
Several examples here of SympleSEQ in action.
Good patching and performances, nice system tooz! thumbs up nanners SlayerBadger!
MrNezumi
Nice! I liked the first one the most. applause
Flareless
@Precarious - Wonderful! applause

Excellent use of multiple sequencers. Thanks for sharing thumbs up
Thalassa
Great patches!! thumbs up thumbs up
mome rath
Precarious wrote:

SympleSEQ 2:
CV goes to STG Switch alternating its CV every 8 steps with that of Encore Electronics - Universal Event Generator in sequencer mode, which controls pitch of Corsynth C104 VCO.
Gates from SympleSEQ 2 trigger BIM as well as Analog Craftsman Gristleizer DLX gate input.

like this one, crumchy

I used to have a quad sympleseq in 5U, then build a dual in euro... one of my first and favorite sequencers
Precarious
@JohnLRice
@MrNezumi
@Flareless
@Thalassa
@mome rath

Hey, thanks everyone! And thanks to @Flareless for the great modules.

Good news: Noise Engineering is using 3 of my videos, including the first 2 above, on the Basimilus Iteritas Magnus product page. That's exciting!
Precarious
Thalassa wrote:
Great patches!! thumbs up thumbs up

@Thalassa, are you Corsynth??? I just picked up my first of your modules, C104 and C106, and they are amazing! Love the look and build quality. You add the right features to make them as useful as possible.

Especially love C106! GREAT module! Changes the game for me. I love using looping ADs to create odd timings and modulation - tricks I learned using Buchla function generators - and C106 is amazing for that. All the right end-of-cycle triggers and time/shape modulation options I need. I made sure to show that in the videos because it's such a important part of my process.

Thanks for designing superior modules!
Thalassa
Yes I am Corsynth smile
I'm happy that you like the modules. Your videos are great examples of how to use the C106 in a creative way, well done thumbs up thumbs up

PS : Sorry @Flareless for hijacking your thread.
Precarious
Another example of odd timing into SymplSEQ.

Straight clock to one then CGS01 Sub Oscillator acting as a clock divider/gate mixer creating the odd cadence of the other. The odd combination of gates into SymplSEQ 2 creates a repeating 16-step pattern.

SymplSEQ 1 (straight clocked): sequencing the bass
Gate pattern: re-triggering looping channel A of C106

SymplSEQ 2 (odd timing): sequencing Basimilus Iteritas Magnus chime and Ataraxic Iteritas Magnus melodic sound
Gate pattern: to LFO sync so pulse width controls gate time, triggering ENV and BIM

Additional patch notes in video description.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4