MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Penrose Possibles (Open Source Sonic Potions Quantizer)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Penrose Possibles (Open Source Sonic Potions Quantizer)
BugBrand
Slowly I built a pair of these - the Sonic Potions Quantizer but in BugFormat and with built in DC mixer::::

Minimal testing so far and unsure what will happen -- I shall open source the gerbers, but maybe do a small run sometime.
chrisdermo
Oh dang! Sign me up!
lud
Looks excellent, would definitely like one!
BananaPlug
And there they are! Very nice indeed.
soup
Nice! I was curious about the green 1 space penrose you made but this is way better. I love the dc mixer.
a100user
Very cool Tom, interested thumbs up
batchas
Looks ace thumbs up

And you were right about the horizontal buttons, it will make it indeed more playable (this and all what was added to the original like the mixer).
BugBrand
Fun plays last night!
I want to check whether a 12bit DAC improves accuracy.
Minimal circuit changes needed (couple of minor re-routes).
The design is single board and small SMD - 0603 passives, MSOP, TQFP - so really production only (not DIY) - some of the soldering is tiny.
Flexyflier
Wow Tom!,would pick these up if/when available

Bryce
deltaAquarii
beautiful !
moket808
Nice one Too, would love to get one please
/\/\/\/
DC Mixer is a brilliant idea for a quantizer... modulation for sequence variation, or constant offset for harmonic shifts.

This looks like another essential.
Corbeau
Would love to have this too! woah
Vcoadsr
Very interested in this too!!
radams
Yes
I’d love this
The Barton is ok but this looks much better
rico loverde
would def want one
jjsynth
+1
Is it possible to switch off the quantizer and just use the dc mix? It would make a great front end to the vcos in the synth voice?
BugBrand
Good to hear there's lots of interest! I've continued to enjoy playing with the initial protos & changed one over to 12-bit DAC (orig spec is 8 bit) - need to check that some more.

It isn't possible to use it as a standalone DC Mixer - it is very much integrated into the design (schematics will come when I publish Gerbers etc) - but I have got a proto DC Mixer design going, just need some tweaky changes having tried the 1st version. Yes, utility mixing is definitely called for - as are a bunch of other ideas rolling round my head!
rico loverde
I love those buttons!
Voltage_Controller
applause looking forward to this
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1