MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
fitzgreyve
You wait for a BBD based delay and then three come along at once.....

(Each fitted with a different BBD)
djthopa
Thanks Jarno!

Thought it would make things easier on the breadboard, and get to learn more about op amp configurations.

Ill post the files on the github,

Cheers!

Jarno wrote:
Not a fan of breadboard myself, but those look very useful, nice work!

If you put things like integrators on there as well, you can build your own analog computer! grin
JakoGreyshire
Awesome work fitzgreyve! Checking out your blog for more info now... Looking for a video.... Can you confirm that the MN3009 works in these?
Or a better question would be, what chips do you have in these three BBD delays?

fitzgreyve wrote:
You wait for a BBD based delay and then three come along at once.....

(Each fitted with a different BBD)
lilakmonoke
AlanP wrote:

Buchla 291 Band Pass Filter, with mods by Scott Stites for low pass and high pass, plus input mixer. More organic than your grandpa's old gumboots.

these look awesome, where is the pcb from? with a mix pot this would be a really interesting eq. all bandpass filters need a mix option but never have :-)
fitzgreyve
JakoGreyshire wrote:
Checking out your blog for more info now... Looking for a video.... Can you confirm that the MN3009 works in these?
Or a better question would be, what chips do you have in these three BBD delays?

No video (yet), but some very basic sound samples on my blog.

I currently have fully working modules with: MN3004, MN3007, MN3207, MN3208.

I see no reason why it won't work with an MN3009, because it has exactly the same pin-out as MN3007. Muff's user mothertongue has said he will be building using MN3009, but no update on this yet.

MN3208 implies MN3205 will work fine as the same pinout.

Haven't got V3205D working for longer delays. It should work as it's pin compatible with MN3208/MN3205. Suspect cheap chinese knock-offs that don't function over the whole supply range specified by CoolAudio (trying to run at 8V supply).
cartertools
Made a dual Lag Processor on stripboard directly taken from Bernardi's schematic (http://www.bernacomp.com/elec/og2/og2_lag.html) but made it with a TL074 so I could have two in 6hp. (I added bypass caps to the power rails after the top pic was taken, don't worry...). Bottom pic is oscilloscope showing note CV from the BSP run through it. Sounds great.

sduck
Another one finished...
elmegil
That is a lovely panel and some sharp aluminum knobs.
cygmu
I have not posted much in these threads but I am somewhat happy with this one so here it is. My own module design: a four channel interpolating scanner and VCA based on Don Tillman's scanner circuit, with his permission. Many thanks to Loudest Warning / the bad producer for the panel! Knob colours may be explained by the next batch of photos.

Below, the reason I ran out of black knobs. I finally built up this VV3 panel that had been lying around for a while. Had a hard time photographing it indoors so...

muncky
cygmu wrote:
I have not posted much in these threads but I am somewhat happy with this one so here it is. My own module design: a four channel interpolating scanner and VCA based on Don Tillman's scanner circuit, with his permission. Many thanks to Loudest Warning / the bad producer for the panel! Knob colours may be explained by the next batch of photos.

Congrats!! Great to see the finished article Guinness ftw!
jules
It looks like it belongs in a trident fleximix console.
Gorgeous.

sduck wrote:
Another one finished...
hox3d
cygmu wrote:

Below, the reason I ran out of black knobs. I finally built up this VV3 panel that had been lying around for a while. Had a hard time photographing it indoors so...

Are there any plans to sell these?
nimets
Befaco muxslicer - very nice build applause

cygmu
hox3d wrote:

If you mean the 4 channel scanner, yes, I hope to make boards available pretty soon. There are still a couple of little errors on the board which I'd prefer to get rid of first. The plan is that both the boards and the Loudest Warning panels will be available.
Reality Checkpoint
cygmu wrote:
hox3d wrote:

If you mean the 4 channel scanner, yes, I hope to make boards available pretty soon. There are still a couple of little errors on the board which I'd prefer to get rid of first. The plan is that both the boards and the Loudest Warning panels will be available.

thumbs up
FetidEye

A Kustom Kastle synth, with banana jacks instead of pins and a nice oak wood case.
uuav
I made all this over the past year and half (keyboard and case also smile )
bottom left is MFOS soundlab, top right is pharmasonic ring mod & 6 dumb passive lowpass gates, bottom right two pharmasonic SY-Core SY-Mod.
Promised myself to never go over 2x84hp, but yolo, time to build a new case.
FetidEye
Wooden Serge project. Large format modules!
I have quite a backlog of CGS modules, so this will grow to a very large system smile

more info:
project page
OIP
uuav wrote:
I made all this over the past year and half (keyboard and case also smile )
bottom left is MFOS soundlab, top right is pharmasonic ring mod & 6 dumb passive lowpass gates, bottom right two pharmasonic SY-Core SY-Mod.
Promised myself to never go over 2x84hp, but yolo, time to build a new case.

awesome! i have a whole chunk of the same NLCs and the syncussion (nice job drilling the panels). also gave up the 2 row dream pretty quick...
charonme
DMR wrote:
I made a 2HP expander for the 4MS rotating clock divider:

ooooh love how did you make the panel?
nimets
Very happy with my Music Thing Radio Music It's peanut butter jelly time!

[/img]
elmegil
Still need to decide what I want to do for a panel, but it's fully functional now...

slick8086
My first module! Now all I have to do is build a case, power supply, envelope generator, and VCA... NO PROBLEM!!!! So far it has been fun. Sourcing the parts was a bit more of an adventure than I expected.... 137K Ohm resistors anyone? ....well I ordered a hundred of them so now I'll never need to use one again I'm sure. My home stock is looking good so on my next modules I won't have to order much at all.

gnsk
sushi launch bus
based on befaco launch bus schematics

batchas
Between 2 other projects, I finally finished the Serge M-Class panel I started a while ago.
Panel ordered at Schaeffer Germany, gate sequencer is CGS89, PCB for clock/LFO/VCO is Pico VCO from Stroh.
I made a PCB for panel components and no wiring for the Gate Sequencer.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGkpEN5rXRU

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 6 of 11