MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
stoiker
I bought a Pittsburgh SV-1 a few months ago and enjoy it a lot. It's my gateway drug. I'll do as much DIY as I can, so here's what I build so far. A sloppy assembled case (still needs a PSU), a logic module based on the RYO schematics and a passive multiply. Yeah, I'm bad at drilling and painting.

solaranus
Jarno wrote:

I use Formulor as well, but always the 3mm thickness, works fine. Made a balanced output module, with XLR connectors, and these have a higher insertion force so I doubled up the material, 6mm in total, no bendiness.

Yeah, I switched to 3mm too and fill the engravings with a gel pen for a second colour.

Here is my latest three:

Utility LFO and Simple Wave Folder by CGS and State Variable Filter by MFOS, the old design.
Here from the side:

Who said something about needing pcbs anyway.
gnsk
based on electro smith's submodule

3340 VCO, 2164 VCA, 2144 LPF, FV-1 DSP

Monkizzle
gnsk wrote:
based on electro smith's submodule

3340 VCO, 2164 VCA, 2144 LPF, FV-1 DSP

Nice and neat builds It's peanut butter jelly time!
diablojoy
fonik VCPS-8 a euro version

had the board for years in my backlog
first time I tried to do a double sided self etch control panel board - came out goodish
panel also milled by me and then painted

cygmu
Yeah! That is great! I've always liked the idea of that module and your full DIY version is inspiring. Excellent work diablojoy
roglok
love the builds on this page. that's proper diy spirit among all the kits these days... thumbs up
uuav

when you need a slew limiter, like, right now.
gnsk
uuav wrote:

when you need a slew limiter, like, right now.

it reminds me of this;

kastl output to modular level.
sbusso
Just got started, 3d printed ears and panel for the rack, on going power supply.

BadPixel
sbusso wrote:
Just got started, 3d printed ears and panel for the rack, on going power supply.

Nice! applause

Here's my take on a modular 3D printed €-skiff. Still some bumps to iron out (power and busboard mainly) before it's finished.

sbusso
BadPixel wrote:
sbusso wrote:

Nice! applause

Here's my take on a modular 3D printed €-skiff. Still some bumps to iron out (power and busboard mainly) before it's finished.

what size is the bed of your 2d printer ? The ear I printed were quiet the maximum size I can do.
BadPixel
sbusso wrote:
what size is the bed of your 2d printer ? The ear I printed were quiet the maximum size I can do.

I have a Prusa i3 Mk3. The print volume is 25x21x21cm.
cackland
Some prototyping ...

selfdestroyer
Built a Ambika this week. I know they are old news but I fell in love with it instantly.

Just need a case.
OB1
Some pics of the prototypes of the first couple of modules for "alfa4" - a 4 voice modular polyphonic system using all AS33** chips from Alfa. The system will eventually include a quad VCO, quad VCF, two quad VCADSRs, a quad VCA (with additional VCAs for velocity). Control will be via a Midimuso CV-12 based MIDI-CV module and a master controller for the envelopes, filter, etc. I'll also be adding a 1U row with a bunch of mults/LFOs and a noise generator. This is the quad VCO/VCF. Eventually, I plan to learn KiCad and rebuild it all using PCBs (still undecided whether to go THT, SMT or a mix of both) and will have CNC milled anodised aluminium panels. More info on my blog: http://modular.ob1techno.com

VCO:

VCF:

uuav
OB1
Seriously beautiful DIY stuff
OB1
uuav wrote:
OB1
Seriously beautiful DIY stuff

keinhen

Put together my take on the 3340! A Dual VCO that tracks 1v/oct very stabley thanks to some TL431s making stable voltage references where needed, and with the tuning implementations in Rob Hordijks papers on the AS3340.

It has linear and exponential FM, hard and soft sync, PWM and outputs Sine, Triangle, Ramp and Pulse waveforms at +-10vpp. Coarse and fine tune knobs are used, and a switch that slows down oscillation to LFO ranges.

In the middle I put an 8 way selector and a SPDT to choose between selected cross-modulation points between the two oscillators, turning it into a more complex waveform generator with minimal hassle smile

Draws about 70mA at +-15V.
Reese P. Dubin
keinhen wrote:

oh my what are those tiny knobs? these are exactly what i need
keinhen
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
keinhen wrote:

oh my what are those tiny knobs? these are exactly what i need

Slim metal 10x15mm knobs smile

I got them from Adafruit
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2057

I hesitate to recommend them from that source as shipping was costly and they all came individually in tiny minigrips which irked me from a sustainability standpoint as I was left with tons of excess plastic afterwards, and you can find what appear to be the same knobs with the search term "Slim metal potentiometer knob" in a ton of places.

But the knobs themselves are great! Use them all the time now.
Kampfzwerg
OB1:

Love those alfa4 too
applause
Kampfzwerg
Hi there wigglers

time to show my prototype SEM...

Still waiting for the 18.5V supply to arrive.

djs
Kampfzwerg wrote:
time to show my prototype SEM...

This looks awesome! Any chance of it becoming something for sale?
Kampfzwerg
Thanks for your comment djs!

Not sure yet, I have to get it to work properly first.

Another thing is the 50k center tabbed potentiometers.
I didn't find a supplier that does them in the quality I need them.
So I have to make them myself, which is pretty fiddely.

For me this is more of a "the journey is the destination" thing.
I want to know if I can even do it. And I got a family too...

Martin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 7 of 11