MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
rico loverde
Havent done much DIY since taking a job running a pick n place machine. Heres two recent projects for my Bugbrand system.

Dual Thomas White LPG and a CGS04 DC Mixer

OIP
laid out a little moog VCA, shamelessly copied from existing schematics, mainly wanted to try a 2 board layout with headers and see if it works (it does!)

on the more homemade end, did up a serge noise source from CGS schematic on vero.

it's a cool circuit and i might make a PCB version. finally the SSG has a proper source and everything is random.
home_listening
Put a few articles up on my website about various things lately:

Calrec Equaliser Clone

Lundahl LL4202 Balancing Box

Ethos DJ Mixer
Part 1 - Input Channels
Part 2 - Metering
Part 3 - Summing Amplifiers
Part 4 - Output Amplifiers
Part 5 - Power Supply
Part 6 - Enclosure
Part 7 - Connection
Part 8 - Assembly

Synthbuilder
I wanted a Moog 960 style sequencer but didn't have the space for a 5U one so I thought about doing my own one in Euro with a few changes. Each step has skip and reset functions, and the unit allows parallel loading of multiple stages like the expanded Turing Machine and Klee. Loading can be done asynchronously or applied on the next shift (clock) pulse.

The 2mm thick panel is from Schaeffer and is 50HP wide. I've used their black print option on natural finish. It cost around 50GBP which I didn't think was too bad.

This is my first surface mount eurorack project and initial tests suggest that all has gone well. I can't say how pleased I was to find the panel matched up with the pot and switch board perfectly. I'll be doing some more playing with it this weekend.

I put a couple of 16-way IDC headers on the main board to allow for future expansion, although I'm not sure at the moment what I will do with these.

Tony
Grumble
I made a Tap Tempi Eurorack Module.
Its inputs are a Momentary Tap Switch and a Tempo input square(pulse) signal.
The (simultaneous) outputs are: A pulse each time the Tap switch is pressed or when a leading edge of the input signal is detected (1/4), two pulses (2/4), three pulses (3/4), four pulses (4/4) and an output where you can chose from the other outputs by pressing a small switch next to the other 4 outputs which tempo you want.

OB1
Alfa4 - a modular analogue polysynth based on the AS3340/20/10/60 VCO/VCF/VCADSR/VCA chips from Alfa Rpar.

Built from scratch on stripboard with handmade acrylic panels. 75 days of working on it every day.

Front:

Rear:

Original concept drawing:

More info/details here: http://modular.ob1techno.com/category/alfa4/
mome rath
OB1 wrote:
Alfa4 - a modular analogue polysynth based on the AS3340/20/10/60 VCO/VCF/VCADSR/VCA chips from Alfa Rpar.

Built from scratch on stripboard with handmade acrylic panels. 75 days of working on it every day.

nice!!
Shakespeare
Very small potatoes on the DIY front, but a fun little project. I have two racks in my system... one is a 104hp skiff full of a hodge-podge of modules, and the other is a Mantis case that is almost entirely Mutable Instruments modules. The one module in the MI case that really threw off the look was my Sloths module... so I made a replacement panel that is an homage to Hannes's design work for MI. Really happy with how it turned out... I was afraid the metal tone wouldn't be a good match, but it's close to exact:

Now, if anyone has a source for 6.35mm Rogan knobs, I'd be much obliged. I can only find them in D-shaft and T18, neither of which will work Dead Banana
OIP
that's hilarious! looks great / wrong / awesome

also holy shit about the alfa4 build. amazing work.
roglok
OB1 wrote:

Front:

Rear:

Original concept drawing:

very cool
cmrshl
Thought the O_C neede a little more ornament hihi

soup
cmrshl wrote:

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
soup
2 CGS gate sequencers in banana frac...

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
Revok
Nice stealthy wiring, soup! I'd love to see the white panel rack or any of your modules racked up. The always look so great.
soup
Revok wrote:
Nice stealthy wiring, soup! I'd love to see the white panel rack or any of your modules racked up. The always look so great.

Thanks! The white panels are a new thing for me but I've built quite a few with blue plexi panels. Here is a picture I posted in banana thread not long ago that has a lot of diy...

Revok
They look ace, soup! The case looks really nice too. Thanks for posting it.
gnsk
* bastl Kastle 1.5 Eurorack conversion
** 7HP
** all jumper socket to 3.5mm jack socket.
** two osc level to modular level via TL072
** mode select to on-off-on switch, and also in 3.5mm jack for CV.
** 78L05 5V regulator from +12V
** pot placement is same as standalone version.
** jack placement follows the pot location.

Kampfzwerg
true work of art gnsk!

Wouldn't want to troubleshoot it though. hihi
selfdestroyer
Just finished up this ST Modular Honeyeater & Plum Audio uJove

Rex Coil 7
cmrshl wrote:

Thought the O_C needed a little less ornament hihi

I designed the panel in Front Panel Designer, one of our revered members did all of the assembly and the SMT/board/testing (in other words, all of the work).

Reese P. Dubin

Juergen Haible Compact A Phasing
Built into the carcass of a nonfunctional Univox Echo
Will post more fully about it in the Compact A thread. Its unreal how perfectly every single thing fits into it, down to the exact amount of controls and jacks in the perfect locations. All i had to do was drill holes for the faceplate bulb, and 4 to mount the PCB.
Its ultimately getting 4 big white vintage knobs, but I had these handy and they make everything look amazing.
soup
Reese P. Dubin wrote:

Juergen Haible Compact A Phasing
Built into the carcass of a nonfunctional Univox Echo
Will post more fully about it in the Compact A thread. Its unreal how perfectly every single thing fits into it, down to the exact amount of controls and jacks in the perfect locations. All i had to do was drill holes for the faceplate bulb, and 4 to mount the PCB.
Its ultimately getting 4 big white vintage knobs, but I had these handy and they make everything look amazing.

That is super clean. applause
sduck
I seem to be between some larger projects, so I've found time to knock out a few smaller things.

This one you may have noticed a few posts up...

And these two - I sleazed out and bought complete kits from synthcube. Saved all kinds of hassle with sourcing parts, and got me building stuff I might not have bothered with otherwise...

albinj
FetidEye wrote:
Wooden Serge project. Large format modules!
I have quite a backlog of CGS modules, so this will grow to a very large system smile

more info:
project page

These are beautiful. Where did you get those jacks?
nigel
Haven't posted anything for a while, so I thought I'd put this up. It's a self-contained Benjolin box. It's more of a prototype / first draft than a finished project, but it works and I've been playing with it, so...
The case cost $15 - actually, the set of barbeque tools which came in the the case cost $15, but I didn't need them, I just wanted the case. When I got it home I discovered that it's just tall enough for Eurorack modules, but a hair too short to fit the rails, so that idea got put to one side. Instead, I added a Benjolin, an amp and speaker, a lithium battery with a USB port and charging circuit, and a boost converter to power the Benjolin.
(The extra holes are for something else I was going to add, but I need to pack things a little better for that to fit that in.)

It's not fancy, but I can carry it around and make weird sounds in strange places. (For a little while at least - I have no idea yet how long the battery will last on a single charge, but I don't expect to get hours out of it.)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 9 of 11