MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
mangros
Cedrik Ha wrote:
Second RE-303 with my own optimisation regarding the flimsy pots smile

After getting my RE-303 together I did wonder whether the ergonomically awful (but amazing looking) knobs and wobbly shafts contributed to classic acid tracks. I can't work out how anyone can keep hold of them for a full rotation.

Nice idea though - how have you mounted the boards?
Might have to try something like that if I build a second RE-303.
Yander
My first 2 modules!
lasesentaysiete
Assembly started in 2018 but my first cabinet was completed today:

keninverse
lasesentaysiete wrote:
Assembly started in 2018 but my first cabinet was completed today:

OG red panels. Did you dose them?
SlightlyNasty
That's a gorgeous build!
cartertools
Barton blended bandpass. Quick and easy. Wish it had CV ins though.

lasesentaysiete
keninverse wrote:

OG red panels. Did you dose them?

lol of course

SlightlyNasty wrote:

That's a gorgeous build!

we're not worthy

Now its time to add a 1x5 cabinet on top.
audioCTRL
getting back into euro I faced an urgent need for more vcas.

Luckily I had a Barton vca/mix pcb lying around.

Years of DIY and still I manage to reverse pots d'oh!
cartertools
What's the LED do, just a power light or does it reflect the mix signal?
Love the VCA/Mix, I've built 5 so far.
audioCTRL wrote:
getting back into euro I faced an urgent need for more vcas.
Luckily I had a Barton vca/mix pcb lying around.
Years of DIY and still I manage to reverse pots d'oh!
audioCTRL
yes, the led reflects the mix out. Maybe not that useful but I just love leds!

The Barton vca/mix is great! Quick to build and easy to setup. I've also placed one on the back of a buchla 194 to have a vca on each band.

cartertools
Great idea! I'll have to consider that on other "giant board, few controls" type projects.
audioCTRL wrote:
The Barton vca/mix is great! Quick to build and easy to setup. I've also placed one on the back of a buchla 194 to have a vca on each band.
Jarno
audioCTRL wrote:

That's a really good idea, I did a layout for the 194, but found it to not add enough functionality, it makes total sense with the VCA's. AndrewF did a version with distortion per frequencyband, that seems interesting as well.
audioCTRL
thanks! I'll have to look into that AndrewF version - I'm a big fan of nlc This is fun!

Just to prove my love for leds I build this standalone Turing Machine today love It's heavily inspired by my daughters Lego Friends..
Monkizzle
audioCTRL wrote:
thanks! I'll have to look into that AndrewF version - I'm a big fan of nlc This is fun!

Just to prove my love for leds I build this standalone Turing Machine today love It's heavily inspired by my daughters Lego Friends..

Great build, nice design, and pink finish is the real touch of class! nanners
das_Produkt
I just finished the Thomas Henry Quad Bass++ and the Battery Acid, after having them both laying around for more than half a year without a panel.

One very neat behind the panel, the other... not so much.

But together, they sound fantastic!

And yes, I need a better camera.

soup
Moogah SEM filter...

Hexinverter Postman EG...

Stroh Stereo Out...

It's a banana frac party It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana!
audioCTRL
Nice SOUP! Great panel layout! SlayerBadger!
Who manufactured the front panels? Schaeffer AG?
dot matrix madness
MFOS Echo Fxx (without the microphone preamp part).
Further differences: +5V and -5V are generated using µA78L05 and µA79L05 instead, respectively.
68nF caps used at OP1 and OP2 of the PT2399 instead of 82nF caps (which are less common).

soup
audioCTRL wrote:
Nice SOUP! Great panel layout! SlayerBadger!
Who manufactured the front panels? Schaeffer AG?

Thanks. The panels are laser cut acrylic from ponoko. I've never had a metal panel made. I'd like to try sometime but am trying to keep things cheap these days.
squarewavesurfer
Sin Phi Miasma function generator.

It was nice getting back to soldering after a break from DIY.

sduck
Finished up this one...

and yes, that is an annoyingly bright led. The kit I got was short one led, so I grabbed a green one I had and used it. And am too lazy to change it.
jonny_w

IT'S ALIIIVE!!!! I'm one switch short of getting the touch controller working (and haven't calibrated the 208 yet), but everything seems to be working as it should!! SlayerBadger!
OB1
This thing is AWESOME!

http://modular.ob1techno.com/2019/01/30/westlicht-performer/

cool
iopop
das_Produkt wrote:
I just finished the Thomas Henry Quad Bass++ and the Battery Acid, after having them both laying around for more than half a year without a panel.

Did you get the Bass++ pcb from oberkorn? If so, really nice to see it finished, I soldered that pcb in 2010 or so. Oh, and really nice panel, 4U?
das_Produkt
iopop wrote:

Did you get the Bass++ pcb from oberkorn? If so, really nice to see it finished, I soldered that pcb in 2010 or so.

I just went and looked at my messages to find out from whom I got this board. And you are right, I bought it a year ago from oberkorn. I totally forgot he even mentioned that he didn't solder it himself.

So, yeah, after going through a lot of hands and nine years later, its finally finished...

iopop wrote:
Oh, and really nice panel, 4U?

Thank you.
It's a kind of metrified 4U, 1 pseudo-inch equaling 25mm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 2 of 14