MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
OIP
some amazing builds here as usual! that per former project looks incredible, had never seen it before.. definitely interested.
OB1
OIP wrote:
some amazing builds here as usual! that per former project looks incredible, had never seen it before.. definitely interested.

It's amazing. Fully recommend it.
Jarno
Finally, after 3 years, I finished the SVVCF discrete VCF, not shure why it took so long grin too many projects, I guess

Calibration is not quite there yet, on the first offset measurement point I have something like 3V rather than 100mV or so. Need to tweak a bit, it sounds nice though!
I sploshed a bit on the components used, OPA2132 for the two dual opamps in the audio path. Nichicon Muse for the electrolytics in the audio path.
Finding the correct potmeters was very hard, ultimately, I mounted most of them using bits of 1mm copper wire. I found the 16mm vertical PC mount pots in 25k LOG, but those I had to modify to get them to fit.
diophantine

Never posted in these threads before, but what the hell...

I started this build around seven years ago. Had so many lifted pads on the Sequencer and Boolean/Divider PCBs. I gave up debugging it when I moved almost 6 years ago. Uncovered it in the garage on Sunday... fixed the last lifted pad on the sequencer... fixed the lifted pads on the divider (you don't want to see how many lifted pads I had to repair... trust me! The logic ones I repaired 7 years ago)... and solved the issue with the loop section on the Gated Comparator (apparently there was some extra metal in a standoff and screwing it in had extruded a thin shaving of metal which joined +VE with Loop Enable).

Between then & now I've built well over a hundred things, so it is a nice feeling to finally get this finished. Just need to put it in a boat and finally wire up my BOG and MARSH panels (I've been too afraid until now!).
soup
I'm not letting the 4u folks have all the fun...

Stroh Operator!
ashleym
diophantine wrote:

Between then & now I've built well over a hundred things, so it is a nice feeling to finally get this finished. Just need to put it in a boat and finally wire up my BOG and MARSH panels (I've been too afraid until now!).

I bet you are looking forward to the big money dump on all the control knobs!
corpusjonsey

Sidrazzi Ozborne. walnut top, bamboo bottom, navy hemp twine around the sides. Knobs from Endangered Audio Research. Bare metal bananas that I tried to lay out like the nodes on the back of the original. I resurrected one of the (first run I believe) Sidrazzi Org PCB's with the fabled "12" package code BJTs that were wrongly substituted. Many thanks to Peter B and Pugix for your online resources that helped me troubleshoot this!
hwsthl
Just finished up the build for a power supply upgrade. It's the 2.5A Erica Synths DIY 12V PSU, all said about $100 which I think is a pretty good deal.
I made a video documenting the process, and you guys might get some enjoyment out of my dumb mistakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfwQGPjHmw
[img]https://ibb.co/pjyKxxL[/img]
 [img]https://ibb.co/6sFJ86J[/img] grin
hwsthl
Don't know what happened to those pictures, let's try that again:
mome rath
audioCTRL wrote:
getting back into euro I faced an urgent need for more vcas.

Luckily I had a Barton vca/mix pcb lying around.

Years of DIY and still I manage to reverse pots d'oh!

I had the same problem on that module oops
diophantine
ashleym wrote:
I bet you are looking forward to the big money dump on all the control knobs!

Haha, seriously! I still have a bag of about 25 1900h knobs, but obviously need to do a serious restock!
steviet
OIP wrote:

I'm super interested as well... does anyone have spare PCBs/Panels laying around? Or can we get a small group to get a run going? I'd really like to get one of these together!
uuav
steviet wrote:
I'm super interested as well... does anyone have spare PCBs/Panels laying around? Or can we get a small group to get a run going? I'd really like to get one of these together!

Pumped for this too,
Heard Pusherman is about to do a run of pcbs/faceplates, but they have to wait until the end of Chinese new year holidays.
steviet
Loves me my Pusherman. Thanks for the tip, i'll keep my eyes peeled!
tobiasbp
Hello everyone.

I'm playing around with front panels made from circuit boards. What do you think?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UgU9i5NkfxvzCWn89
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y9y4xTRbeNfT2iBN7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/181YewqKs1etpZEX6

Tobias
forestcaver
Love this sequencer ! It’s o, so good.... I’d been looking for the right sequencer for ages and I think this is it.... I think it’s going to be really popular!

pld
forestcaver wrote:
Love this sequencer ! It’s o, so good.... I’d been looking for the right sequencer for ages and I think this is it.... I think it’s going to be really popular!

Yeah, that looks great. I self-imposed a ban on buying a sequencer in an attempt to force myself to implement one, but that's pretty tempting.
forestcaver
pld wrote:
forestcaver wrote:

Yeah, that looks great. I self-imposed a ban on buying a sequencer in an attempt to force myself to implement one, but that's pretty tempting.

It’s really well thought out! But I want to see that guitar first! :-)
audioCTRL
audioCTRL wrote:
thanks! I'll have to look into that AndrewF version - I'm a big fan of nlc This is fun!

DONE! feedback patching really makes it sing w00t

sduck
Oh - I built this. I don't know if it really belongs here, but it's modular related DIY, so...

close up of the power part...

and I added some silly rgb led bling...

and with modules (still have a bunch more to insert) -

luchog
sduck wrote:
Oh - I built this. I don't know if it really belongs here, but it's modular related DIY, so...

and with modules (still have a bunch more to insert) -

I see what appears to be an EVOR04 in the upper-right corner there. Where did you get the panel done? I just picked one up and need to do a panel for it.
sduck
It's from front panel express. It was really quickly done, so the mounting standoffs on the back don't really line up exactly, And it's got four inputs because there are four spots for inputs on the pcb, although I didn't know the device well enough to know that it can only use 2 at a time anyway, so two of them are redundant. I'll send you the fpd if you want.
SlightlyNasty
Those busbars are always so satisfying.
luchog
sduck wrote:
It's from front panel express. It was really quickly done, so the mounting standoffs on the back don't really line up exactly, And it's got four inputs because there are four spots for inputs on the pcb, although I didn't know the device well enough to know that it can only use 2 at a time anyway, so two of them are redundant. I'll send you the fpd if you want.

That would be great, thanks. I'll see if I can adjust it a bit. Also planning on digging into some of the other options, since there appear to be connections for a bunch of other stuff, and I'll probably bring that USB connection to the front panel as well.
sduck
luchog wrote:
sduck wrote:

That would be great, thanks. I'll see if I can adjust it a bit. Also planning on digging into some of the other options, since there appear to be connections for a bunch of other stuff, and I'll probably bring that USB connection to the front panel as well.

Here...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 3 of 11