MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
BARD

Tiny monosynth case for testing new modules and recording synth sections track-by-track smile The A-140 ADSR is in the fact discrete ADSR in disguise (magic smoke escaped original one).
luchog
BARD wrote:

Tiny monosynth case for testing new modules and recording synth sections track-by-track smile The A-140 ADSR is in the fact discrete ADSR in disguise (magic smoke escaped original one).

Curious about what appears to be a vacuum-tube-based filter there. I can't quite make out the writing on the panel. Is that a DIY module, and can you provide more info on it?
audioCTRL
BARD wrote:

w00t all of that looks very interesting!
CeeJay
Cedrik Ha wrote:
Second RE-303 with my own optimisation regarding the flimsy pots smile

That is great! Exactly what my RE303 needs! Any more infos on this? Which pots are you using? Do you have spare adapter-PCBs?
BARD
luchog wrote:

Curious about what appears to be a vacuum-tube-based filter there. I can't quite make out the writing on the panel. Is that a DIY module, and can you provide more info on it?

This is prototype of tube multimode filter. I decided to make little different DIY version, here's the thread about it:
http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210855
syntherjack
Hello,
very small build from me. Few weeks ago I've finished final stage of my universal audio / CV signal router (called Wieheister) and here it is:

[/img]
luchog
BARD wrote:
luchog wrote:

This is prototype of tube multimode filter. I decided to make little different DIY version, here's the thread about it:
http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210855

Ah, I had forgotten about that thread, even though I had it bookmarked. d'oh!
djthopa
Arduino Octave / Semitones switcher

FetidEye

drone noise synth with 20 patchpoints
keinhen

A little dump of the modules I've made so far! Starting to branch out into designing my own circuits, so far most of them have been other people's deisgns or modified / combined versions of pre-existing ones.
Revok
I really like the panels, keinhen. Great looking photos too!
keinhen
Thanks a lot revok! Tried to get a cohesive look in both panel design and photo, happy to hear it's hitting the mark.
sduck
They really do look nice! Very cohesive, consistent style - I like it. More info please - what circuits are these? And some pics of the backs would be nice.
keinhen
Thanks a lot sduck!

In the same order as posted above:

1. 16-voice stereo sample player I use as a drum machine voice. It has a CVable pitch control as the top knob.

2. Triple LPG and Triple Passive VCA. Three passive lopass gates at top with CV attenuation, and three NPN transistor based passive vcas, based around the dr-110 schematics.

3. LMNCs "Big Button" Drum trigger sequencer, but I added my own clock circuit so It can play without external clocking necessary.

4. An input module with two INA217 preamps for microphones, two CGS-60 Stombox Adapters with amplifying / attenuating at a ratio of 20, and a Midisizer Midi2CV Mk2 Midi to CV converter giving 4 CVs and 4 Gates out.

5. My stereo output module, with three 3-input channels that can be panned left or right and mixed, then it meters on the some LEDs, and gives you balanced L / R main outputs, and a headphone output.

6. And the final one is just all three Monotrons shoved behind one panel hihi broke out filter I/O, cutoff, cv and gate for each panel and rigged them into there.

Pictures in the same order of which are available, veroboard rats nests incoming!

if you want more info or sounds I've posted these and some other tinkerings on my instagram here
Monkizzle
keinhen we're friends on Instagram and I'm like, "finally!", glad to see you here on MW!
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
oberkorn
I made rvrv's tube filter, incredible bass response.
thread here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183541&start=all
and short demo vid here: https://vimeo.com/319940567
[/img]
keinhen
Monkizzle wrote:
glad to see you here on MW!
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

Cheers! Been lurking for a while, but decided to post them over here as well if someone might be interested Mr. Green happy to jump into the fold!
keinhen
oberkorn wrote:
I made rvrv's tube filter, incredible bass response.
thread here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183541&start=all
and short demo vid here: https://vimeo.com/319940567

Really tasty resonance kicking in when you dial in that feedback, and loving the compact case you're rocking! nanners Gotta love some tube-action in modular format too Mr. Green
standudinski

My Polyvox build
Yodhan
Not nearly as pretty as some of these builds, but it’s my first swing at a kit module. Built a Barton Buffered Mult because I needed some buffered multi and this one gave me more ins and outs for less money. Did the panel design myself because I wasn’t the hugest fan of the SynthCube panel graphics (love their kits though) Struggled with the decal material. Going to be a learning experience with the subsequent builds.

Now onto a mixer, a S&H, a LFO and a sequencer. And I have a few more kits on the way. I think this forum created a monster.
sduck
I probably shouldn't post this here, in the august company of the previous posts, as it was one of the easiest to assemble kits I've ever built, but it's so cool I couldn't resist -

I'm thinking of adapting it to a 1U modules, which will make it more appropriate - I've got a lot of 1U real estate available.
Yodhan
Finished the Barton attenuverter mixer today too. Realized after the graphic was on that I forgot to put a line for the 4th channel.

sduck
Yodhan wrote:
I forgot to put a line for the 4th channel.

Sharpie.
Jarno
sduck wrote:
I probably shouldn't post this here, in the august company of the previous posts, as it was one of the easiest to assemble kits I've ever built, but it's so cool I couldn't resist -

I'm thinking of adapting it to a 1U modules, which will make it more appropriate - I've got a lot of 1U real estate available.

I've seen those meters in China Banggood link been meaning to give them a try, but I have so many old meters laying around it really doesn't make sense grin
They look great though, in China terms not dirt cheap (which might mean they are actually decent quality).
Yodhan
sduck wrote:
Yodhan wrote:
I forgot to put a line for the 4th channel.

Sharpie.

My wife said the same thing. Probably going to happen.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 4 of 11