MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2, FHX-8GT + FHX-8CV Expanders Jumper Setting Confusion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2, FHX-8GT + FHX-8CV Expanders Jumper Setting Confusion
toneburst
I've just bought an FHZ-8CV expander to add to my FHX-8GT, but I'm a bit confused about jumper settings.

I'd like to have the FHX-8CV as the first expander, followed by the FHX-8GT.

In this case, would I set jumpers like this:

GT
Expansion 0

CV
Expansion 1

With this setup, would I be able to use outputs of the CV and GT expanders as pitch CV + Gate pairs (ie FHX-8GT output 1 as pitch and FHX-8GT output 1 as gate), or Trigger + Velocity pairs (with ie trigger 1 from FHX-8GT output 1 and velocity from FHX-8CV output 1)?

Hope this makes sense...
os
The functionality is the same however you have the expanders set.

Quote:
would I be able to use outputs of the CV and GT expanders as pitch CV + Gate pairs (ie FHX-8GT output 1 as pitch and FHX-8GT output 1 as gate)

yes.

Quote:
Trigger + Velocity pairs (with ie trigger 1 from FHX-8GT output 1 and velocity from FHX-8CV output 1)

Not using the Triggers/Gates section but that's an oversight on my part. You could do it with a MIDI/CV Converter.
toneburst
Hi @os,

I've been trying to setup the trig/velocity pairs, as mentioned above, and can't work out how to do it with a MIDI/CV converter.
toneburst
This seems to work smile

Tokyo-Noise
os
hi.
I have two quick questions:
1) Can I use a FHX-8GT with a FH-1, or with a FHX-8CV connected to a FH-1?
2) If so, how should I set the jumpers in FHX-8GT?

Thanks.
os
No, you can't use the FHX-8GT with the FH-1.
progendev
And when a single FHX-8GT is the only expander connected to an FH-2 (besides the MIDI breakout), there should be no jumpers linked on GT4 of the FHX-8GT, right?
os
That would make it 'expander 0'. If you put the jumpers on it will use a different slot, but it will still work.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1