MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

a773 live performances on youtube
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author a773 live performances on youtube
atte
I decided to start a youtube channel, main focus will be on performing full length tracks, so no reviews, no module tests.

Do the usual like and subscribe if you like it, comments and questions are welcome!

Latest video:
Zube
Nice song, cheers
jasev
thumbs up
gis_sweden
Yes, great! thumbs up
Ende
Nice! thumbs up
atte
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

First video moved here...
Paranormal Patroler
nanners
PopGoblin
Great stuff, atte! Looking forward to following this channel....

applause
Bjarlstedt
Great as always (long time fan)
atte
Bjarlstedt wrote:
Great as always (long time fan)

Wow, thanks, hadn't seen that one coming w00t
atte
New video up, hope you enjoy!

JakoGreyshire
Another great track....

It would be nice to have some patch notes though... You've got a lot going on there so, it's understandable that you're not detailing everything...

The info area says something like "playing the song Tin foil hat on the performance rig" or something like that.....

Do you have a kind of permanent patch in place that you can play this song and other songs with out re-patching?
atte
JakoGreyshire wrote:
Another great track.... It would be nice to have some patch notes though...

Thanks! Yeah, I'll try to put up patch notes. Problem is the day after the recording my power broke down, and I panicked and had to focus on the power before taking notes. But will have a go from memory tomorrow!

JakoGreyshire wrote:
Do you have a kind of permanent patch in place that you can play this song and other songs with out re-patching?

No, but I did something else: I decided to keep certain "sound types" on fixed outputs of my 2x cv.ocd. So always kick on first trigger on left cv.ocd. Same with melodic voices, always two different bass sounds on cv out 1+2, And so on.

Only tried it in action once on latest powwow, and it worked great. This way it's possible to re-use the melodic and rhythmic structures of a track, but with a completely different patch. Obviously it will sound very different (which you have too embrace, I love it!), and all modulation (which is a great part of what makes a patch) is missing and must be added.

To me this way of separating patch and track is a great relief, I can't stand permanent patches, and since patch + track + "how it actually sounds" used to be one big mess, I never succeeded in recreating anything after the patch was taken down.
JakoGreyshire
Did you also use the beatstep pro(x2) in this track? I guess I should seriously consider buying a cv.ocd...
atte
JakoGreyshire wrote:
Did you also use the beatstep pro(x2) in this track? I guess I should seriously consider buying a cv.ocd...

Yeah, 2x bsp -> midi merger -> 2x cv.ocd w00t
atte
New video up. “Follow the leader” refers to the use of both the doepfer pll and the synthrotek apc, both of which “slaves” to another osc.

Hope you enjoy...

atte
Another video up, this time a semi-generative, more abstract patch:

And here's the breakdown of the patch:
atte
Something funky!

tappazee
lovely applause
atte
First track using only teletype as "sequencer"

atte
Something more glitchy, teletype as sequencer, er-301 on various duties, patch notes in description....

atte
Teletype as sequencer, a bit more groovy at times, a bit more clangous at times.

atte
Decided to reset myself, leaving out the drums. A bit ambient at some points, I guess...
atte
Wonky beat - Broken funk!
atte
Something mostly melodic...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2