MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering 2019 Modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Noise Engineering 2019 Modules
spinalbeatz
Taken from the NE Blog:

NAMM, as we all know, stands for Newly Announced aMazing Modules, so of course we’ll be there showing off some soon-to-be-released toys! But of course, before we offer a preview there, we figured we’d give you a preview of the preview. Meta preview! Get ready.

Spoiler: Panels here are not retail-ready panels! Price and release dates TBA on all, but we’re aiming for Q1 2019 for all these puppies.

SINC BUCINA

Remember Sinclastic Empulatrix? It was one of our first modules. We’re now proud to announce the sequel, Sinc Bucina. Based around a VCA/VCF combo, its internal envelope can be pinged via the appropriately named Ping input for classic lowpass gate action. It also features an updated version of SE’s slew, that can function as a simple ASR envelope with a gate input, or smooth out stepped signals like a traditional slew. Its internal filter offers 6db and 12db filter slopes. Trust us: it sounds awesome.

4 hp

FRACTIO SOLUM

Need to divide a clock? How about multiply? FS has you covered. Offering a huge variety of clock divisions and multiplications in an intuitive interface, FS can handle any clock you throw at it (except a real one, that’s not recommended).

4 hp

DISTORTION OF THE MONTH: BRING THE NOISE

Coming soon: the Distortion of the Month club! (ok, it’s not really a club, but feel free to collect them all!) We’ll be releasing a new distortion module each month for part of 2019. At NAMM, we’ll be showing one of our favorites: three separate distortions in 4 hp! The three analog distortion circuits were carefully designed to sound great routed in series. Internally, they’re normalled together for mangling of epic proportions. But of course, each distortion circuit has a separate in and out for freedom of processing and routing, because what’s the point of modular if you can’t patch it?

Full lineup TBA; TR 4 hp, others to vary

THE BIG KAHUNA: CURSUS ITERITAS PERCIDO

Following in the footsteps of the Loquelic Iteritas Percido, we’re continuing the Percido line with the Cursus Iteritas Percido. Our largest module to date, CIP takes the same concept of a freely routable, flexible and expressive envelope and implements it into the Cursus Iteritas sound engine. With even more performance and patch-oriented features (two words: Master. Blaster.), the CIP is a synthesis powerhouse to be reckoned with. You won’t want to miss this one.

24 hp
mdoudoroff
I’m quite surprised by the 4hp module dedicated to a single clock division/multiplication task. The key question is whether that CV-controlled r ratio parameter has any remarkable tricks up its sleeves!
starthief
Hmm, the lack of a bias knob, and perhaps a VCA/filter/both switch, on Sinc Bucina seems a bit limiting. The ears will tell, though!
Muse FTW
Can't wait for some sound demos of the Cursus and distortion modules.
cackland
Look forward to the demos also smile
Aaronautical001
The productivity of NE is off the charts, such an exciting manufacturer! looking forward to hearing some demos, especially the cursus.
coolshirtdotjpg
A distortion module every month?! I'm intrigued.
spinalbeatz
Aaronautical001 wrote:
The productivity of NE is off the charts, such an exciting manufacturer! looking forward to hearing some demos, especially the cursus.

Right? They're quickly becoming my favorite manufacturer.
teamhobson
Distortion module a month twisted SlayerBadger! Dead Banana
mdoudoroff
I’m a little sad to see the Variatic Erumption discontinued. It would benefit from a redesign—no need for its own clock, and both sides should be separately clockable—but otherwise what it does it does very well, and I’m not aware of anything else out there that really does what it does. I use mine frequently.
cg_funk
Awesome. Looking forward to demos of the Master Blaster. That thing looks like it eats smaller modules for dinner!
joskery
I am not sure why everyone isn't at the NE booth already eek! The new Cursus and the distortion seem mighty interesting.
turin horsey
very cool! those analog distortion modules are going to be great for pairing with their digital sounds
monoscan
I figured I’d dip my toe in the NE water with Loquelic Iteritas Percido and Basimilus Iteratis Alter, but this Cursus Iteritas Percido looks pretty fun too...
NoLegs
turin horsey wrote:
very cool! those analog distortion modules are going to be great for pairing with their digital sounds

I couldn't agree more - I love pairing NE modules with different distortions, really creates a nice sound.
spinalbeatz
joskery
behndy
always want everything NoiseEng puts out always ALWAYS.
spinalbeatz
Same. Terci Ruina sounds great. Need some more CIP demos!!
ZenitSar
spinalbeatz wrote:
Aaronautical001 wrote:

Right? They're quickly becoming my favorite manufacturer.

You have to admire their dedication and direction. I want to explore more of their toys when finances permit.
ZenitSar
turin horsey wrote:

So true. Analog filters, delays, and fuzz/distortion etc. can do wonders when placed after digital stuff.

On the opposite end, I've got a friend who when playing guitar insists on a certain digital reverb pedal at the end of his pedal chain. Not a terrible sounding pedal, but close. I keep trying to communicate to him that he's degrading the otherwise pure analog sound, but it doesn't work. He is using a quality tube amp, so maybe it works out in the end, but my ears tell me it's a bad idea to put (most) digital effects after a quality analog signal. I'm talking audio path.
spinalbeatz

SINC BUCINA MSRP: $158

TERCI RUINA MSRP: $137

CURSUS ITERITAS PERCIDO MSRP: $595

More info here: https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/2019/3/21/je6w69h2hcspap6exvo7i5e pi4e8gw?fbclid=IwAR2x6neyeILJY4NRRKxXdHwNaqM_uwqNhT_jMRktDKpX9TmMTLyb9 xVDZGo
SweetNuthin
Really excited for the Cursus Iteritas Percido.. i have the OG Cursus and its one of my favourite oscillator EVER..
I have a couple of question:
1. can the Percido do all the sounds the OG version does?
2. why it was decided to ditch the alto/bass/treble switch?
cg_funk
This CIP has attenuvertors on the Master Blaster signal path, but the module only takes positive 0-5V inputs according to the manual.... so it seems this doesn't totally make sense to me (obviously CIP is doing more). What does it do when you set the attenuvertors negative (CCW)? My BIA would just ignore any negative CV inputs.
noise-e
Glad to see the excitement around our new modules! I'll try to answer any questions that may come up.
SweetNuthin wrote:
Really excited for the Cursus Iteritas Percido.. i have the OG Cursus and its one of my favourite oscillator EVER..
I have a couple of question:
1. can the Percido do all the sounds the OG version does?
2. why it was decided to ditch the alto/bass/treble switch?

1. For the most part, yes! Tilt and Balance were combined as CIP was getting a bit ridiculous, but that's the only big difference. It won't be identical, but for the most part you'll be able to create the same sounds.
2. You'll notice the LIP doesn't have an octave switch either, the Percido oscillators just don't utilize them.

cg_funk wrote:
This CIP has attenuvertors on the Master Blaster signal path, but the module only takes positive 0-5V inputs according to the manual.... so it seems this doesn't totally make sense to me (obviously CIP is doing more). What does it do when you set the attenuvertors negative (CCW)? My BIA would just ignore any negative CV inputs.

The Master Blaster and envelope sends are completely internal. CIP also responds to 0v - +5v (and 0v - +8v for pitch), but the internal envelope can modulate a parameter positively or negatively. Technically, a similar type of modulation could be achieved with an envelope like the ramp mode on Pons Asinorum that rests at +5v and ducks to 0v when triggered.

Hope this helps!
--Markus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2