MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flame Mäander new Wavetable Desktop Synthesizer w Filterbank
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Flame Mäander new Wavetable Desktop Synthesizer w Filterbank
Ebotronix
http://flame.fortschritt-musik.de/flame2/news.html

4-voice synthesizer with dynamic controllable analog 12 channel filter bank
including live sequencer with 12 filter channel tracks and polyphonic note track
wavetable sound synthesis, compatible with 4VOX wavetables
individual filter/amp envelopes, morphing filter types
full midi-usb functions... and more
talfred

Is this the Malekko BFF we were waiting for?

Anyway, this must be the best suprise from NAMM this year
visible cow
This has my attention. I wonder what is meant by "live" sequencer? Just that it's immediate and hands-on?
SPIKE the Percussionist
some of the sound examples remind me of processing through a Murf Moogerfooger.
CF3
Very cool. I always liked the 4VOX and still have a ton of wavetables for it. This is right up my alley

thumbs up
Hi5
Interesting. Always a sucker for wavetables with a good filter
Panason
wow. very cool. It also has 2 MIDI inputs for some reason. This is gonna be pricey...
suboptimal
If you don't like the look of this, you don't like synthesizers.
wiperactive
Yep! First thing this year to really grab my attention, especially the polyphonic note sequencer with additional 12 tracks to 12 channel filter bank thumbs up
talfred
suboptimal wrote:
If you don't like the look of this, you don't like synthesizers.

Looks definitely very good, but the sound demos on the flame site were rather dull. Would love to hear some other and better examples of what this machine can do
visible cow
I realize taste is a very personal thing but I really like the way this sounds.

Panason
But who is this company?

I'll be surprised if this makes it out this year given how other recent timelines are going with indie makers.

Pulsar 23
five12 vector sequencer
Radikal Delta

All these were announced to be released last autumn. The people behind the last two have seemingly gone into radio silence. I wonder if worries about Brexit are making them stall to see what the repercussions will be for the market.
euromorcego
Panason wrote:
But who is this company?

http://flame.fortschritt-musik.de/

they have been around for a while. Eurorack and some quirky stand-alone devices.
wiperactive
Liked the look of this and what it seemed to offer even before hearing the audio - and now that I have - it meets expectations.

Very much my area of sonic interest and taste as it appears to be a one box 'solution' to what I'd otherwise have to cobble together using disparate modules minus the benefit of memory storage. Very pleased to see an external audio input as well. Looking forward to learning more with a manual download.

This is one company where I've taken the eye off the ball for the last few years... only now just discovered their Curves, the partial precursor to this, submerged in the Eurorack blizzard.
deftinwulf
Damn, those red sliders look really chunky (in the good way) and inviting! And high-Z input on the back is a nice feature as well. This thing looks to have a lot of utility and I'm really looking forward to checking out the sound demos when I get home from work. Best of luck to Flame with the launch!
heckadecimal69
Panason wrote:
But who is this company?

I'll be surprised if this makes it out this year given how other recent timelines are going with indie makers.

Pulsar 23
five12 vector sequencer
Radikal Delta

All these were announced to be released last autumn. The people behind the last two have seemingly gone into radio silence. I wonder if worries about Brexit are making them stall to see what the repercussions will be for the market.

You are good at leaping.
deftinwulf
Got around to listening to all the sound samples, and for the first few was not impressed as it sounded sort of dated in a 90s VA or softsynth way. But the more I heard, the more I grew to really like what I was hearing. There does seem to be a special timbre here in the Maander. I'd like to see some in-depth video reviews that show more of what it's capable of and how it arrives at those capabilities through the user interface. Interest piqued. thumbs up
Zymos
Panason wrote:
But who is this company?

Pulsar 23
five12 vector sequencer
Radikal Delta

Five12 is based in the US, and Vector has been slowly but surely shipping for a few weeks now....
Blingley
It sounds like it would be great for rhythmic background things. The noise with the filterbank sounds really useful. I don't think any of the demos have very useful lead or bass sounds in them though? seriously, i just don't get it

Depending on the price, it might be useful even as a more specialized niche product though. Adding good background to tracks can be difficult, and adds a lot. And it really seems to excel at that role.
wiperactive
Blingley wrote:
It sounds like it would be great for rhythmic background things. The noise with the filterbank sounds really useful. I don't think any of the demos have very useful lead or bass sounds in them though? seriously, i just don't get it

Depending on the price, it might be useful even as a more specialized niche product though. Adding good background to tracks can be difficult, and adds a lot. And it really seems to excel at that role.

Yes, this isn't designed as a generalist device, more one for those that have all that covered already. Using this for 'lead' didn't occur to me for one moment, though, who knows, for a truly original creative this could be pressed to fulfil that role in some kind of off-kilter way BOOM!

That's what I love about synthesisers, they allow one to kcuf with the fabric of convention.
enlovoz
It seems that this Synth has sequence memory but also patch memory right ? I can't find any information about it but judging by the video it seems so.
Sir Ruff
talfred wrote:

Yes indeed... the similarities are uncanny. But doesn't seem to involve either of the BFF design folks?

But interesting regardless. Glad to see more of these leftfield devices after what feels like an endless flood of mundane analog monosynths.
CF3
Sir Ruff wrote:
talfred wrote:

Yes indeed... the similarities are uncanny. But doesn't seem to involve either of the BFF design folks?

But interesting regardless. Glad to see more of these leftfield devices after what feels like an endless flood of mundane analog monosynths.

IMO, way more interesting than the BFF due to the filterbank. Flame basically took their 4VOX and CURVES eurorack modules and made a super funky standalone synth. Loading in custom wavetables to the 4VOX was super easy. Can’t wait to see the manual for this.

I’m a bit scared to see the pricetag though. eek! I’m gonna have to have one regardless. I’m a sucker for wavetables + analog filter.
The Junglechrist
I really like the concept of this little synth, it’s fresh ! I would to test it for sure.
Starspawn
Any more on this? More interesting than rest of the NAMM things to me smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3