MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Crave - $199 Synth from Behringer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Crave - $199 Synth from Behringer
Spectromat

$199
cnicht
Mother/Brother/Sister to the Neutron?
Spectromat
This might go well on the desktop with the 0Coast.

ayruos
Is it wrong to crave for this just because it's so cheap? woah
cnicht
Spectromat wrote:
This might go well on the desktop with the 0Coast.

Don’t put spending ideas in my head! eek! eek!
Spectromat
cnicht wrote:
Don’t put spending ideas in my head! eek! eek!

sorry.. nanners Dead Banana
cnicht
Interesting to see the sequencer they’ve designed turning up in a number of products (it looks similar to the one in the Odyssey)
Fallen_lassen
Monotron and mother made a bonotron aka bother 33. hihi
Angroc
Wow. They should call this unit 'Leftfield', 'cause that's where it came from. Sounds absolutely gorgeous, imo. And the price will make it hard to refuse! applause
GuyaGuy
With 16 voice polychain that’s a pretty cheap way to get a basic poly synth. Get some mults and route your Euro modulation sources and it’s a not so basic poly!
anselmi
mother-32 killer? the synth part have the same features
Panason
Behringer owned.
The End.
dthorn
Good thing I'm beyond bored with transistor ladder filters lol
Luap
Like the Neutron and DM12/6, it's nice to see them make another original synth that isn't an obvious rip off of something else (even if the core chips/circuits are not so original..)
starthief
Well that came out of nowhere. Nice little synth!

Reminds me a lot of my first synth, the Micromoog... but with the sequencer, MIDI, patchbay, and a nice little form factor.
toxoplasma_gondii
Luap wrote:
Like the Neutron and DM12/6, it's nice to see them make another original synth that isn't an obvious rip off of something else (even if the core chips/circuits are not so original..)

The features are almost identical to the Moog Mother-32.
anselmi
Luap wrote:

yeah, kinda... hihi
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQ-aZYA1pN/
diller
Spectromat wrote:

$199

"It's cheap (and I have no idea what any of these controls do)".

Where do they find these people for demos? Good grief!
Sir Ruff
Wonder what it will taste like...

http://www.bellybytes.com/busters/bk_cravers.html#.XE5UVFxKhPY
blakeq
diller wrote:
Spectromat wrote:

$199

Yikes not a stellar demo

But it looks like it has plenty of potential particularly for the price!
Luap
toxoplasma_gondii wrote:
Luap wrote:

The features are almost identical to the Moog Mother-32.

I humbly eat my words.. Rather similar indeed.
(But hey, at least they wavered on the cosmetics a bit this time! hihi )
Franktree
I can't quite tell. How does it look to compare in terms of patch points to the Neutron? It seems like it has fewer, right?
Feinstrom
diller wrote:
Spectromat wrote:

$199

Michael Thorpe has quite a history with analog sounds (head of Touched By Sound and Mode Machines). In the past he has been rumoured to have a rather loose concept of handling copyrights, just like Uli Behringer (I'm not judging anyone here, just remembering).

He definitely knows what these controls do, though (and of course he said something completely different, perfectly intelligably, if you were referring to the 0:40 mark).

Cheers,
Bert
milkshake
€150

The sequencer alone is worth that.
And it sounds great, one big sweet spot.

I noticed that the resonance didn't influence the output level of the filter.
Also at full resonance, it self oscillates but doesn't overpower the input signal.

No brainer buy.
TheDegenerateElite
anselmi wrote:
mother-32 killer? the synth part have the same features

Doesn't everybody who wanted an M32 pretty much have on by now and either use it or sold it along?

I see people buying it for the sequencer, maybe, but only if it will actually transmit the transpose changes out as CV for external use.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7