MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moon Modular patching idea's
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Moon Modular patching idea's
DaviT
It's almost weekend and i would love to here what you can do with this system. I always end up with a 'moogish' patch so any idea's are more then welcom!

Kind Regards,

DaviT
DaviT
Oops, changed the multifilter for the M554 octo divider.

josaka
its the same with all 'smaller' modulars.. you need to start lateral thinking smile driving and modulating !.. modulating the filter with Audio rate signals produces interesting stuff (both res and cutoff) drive and AM/FM your VCAs..
looking at that Moon you could mult a sine(audio rate) and send it to filters/vcas
DaviT
Verry interesting, could you explain a little further. i'm still a noob' when it comes to modular. Loving to modulate stuff(enough mult's) and i know i don't put the system to her limits.. still short of VCAs , i think.
DaviT
..and thanx for the help!
Dave Peck
Basic example: Mult the osc signal and send it to both the normal audio input of the filter PLUS send it to a spare CV input to the same filter, in addition to however you would normally control the filter cutoff (like an LFO or envelope). This causes the audio signal to open & close the filter at an audio rate which completely changes the sound of the filter.

More complex example: Send OSC 1 to the filter's audio input and tune osc 2 to a different pitch (maybe a fifth? An octave down?) and send that osc 2 to the filter's CV input.

Even more complex:

You have two separate filters so - send osc 1 to audio in of filter 1 and send osc 2 to CV in of filter 1. And now send osc 2 to audio in of filter 2 and send osc 1 to CV in of filter 2.

OR: send both oscs to audio in of filter 1 and also to audio in of filter 2 (parallel filters) Now send the audio OUT of filter 1 to the CV IN of filter 2 (modulating filter 2 with the complex output signal from filter 1).
josaka
Dave Peck wrote:
Basic example: Mult the osc signal and send it to both the normal audio input of the filter PLUS send it to a spare CV input to the same filter, in addition to however you would normally control the filter cutoff (like an LFO or envelope). This causes the audio signal to open & close the filter at an audio rate which completely changes the sound of the filter.

More complex example: Send OSC 1 to the filter's audio input and tune osc 2 to a different pitch (maybe a fifth? An octave down?) and send that osc 2 to the filter's CV input.

Even more complex:

You have two separate filters so - send osc 1 to audio in of filter 1 and send osc 2 to CV in of filter 1. And now send osc 2 to audio in of filter 2 and send osc 1 to CV in of filter 2.

OR: send both oscs to audio in of filter 1 and also to audio in of filter 2 (parallel filters) Now send the audio OUT of filter 1 to the CV IN of filter 2 (modulating filter 2 with the complex output signal from filter 1).

yep smile applause thumbs up you can also get 'interesting' non musical results setting both osc to lfo mode.. pitching them in the 'growl/crackle' zone and Fm'ing your filter to get a buchcla 259 type sound..

josaka
attenuating an audio rate osc (sine/square) signal into your resonance cut off input can create wonders.. also feed it via a S/H makes even more crazy smile

send a signal via the env (filter env is fine send it to a mult and then to exp FM input as well as your filter input) you can make stabby/rising sounds (horn style)

most wonderful sounding osc are using these type of routings myself and Dave mentioned to achieve most sounds.. FM synthesis is achieved like this.. as are many other sounds.. cross modulation(patch one osc into the other while synced) FM/AM, envelopes, Drive,.. play about.. on the surface it looks limited.. its not.. smile
DaviT
Thank you verry much!

..Any octo divider idea's and do i have an S/H ? hihi
JohnLRice
Here's a quick simple test I did for what it is worth. hihi

[s]https://soundcloud.com/johnlrice/ghosttownfiredrill[/s]

This patch only uses a Moon 524+524A quad VC LFO and a 554 Octal Clock Divider as well as a 4 channel mixer (I useda different mixer then you have) and the mixer's output is run through a couple reverb and delay effects. Then I hit record and wiggled the knobs. cool

DaviT
Thank you for your effort John, you're The Boss !!
DaviT
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROf01IXqR0s
DaviT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROf01IXqR0s[video][/video]
JohnLRice
Remove the letter "s" from the "https" to get the embedding to work! thumbs up
Dr Gris
Great!!!!
I love it when people do videos. I wish I was smart enough to do some...
Keep em comming w00t

Thanks!!
//M
DaviT
Dr Gris
Nice! What happened to Patch & Tweak no#2? Mr. Green

//M
DaviT
DaviT
DaviT
Rex Coil 7
josaka wrote:
buchcla 259 type sound..

Outstanding sounds!!

Geez ... I am FAR too stupid to even begin understanding how to work with a Buchla system.

Are you kiddin? .. I'm even intimidated by the new Korg Volca Modular!!

sad banana

I'll stick to drilling holes, cutting metal, and soldering wires. "Stay in my own lane".

Or as Dave Matthews put it .. "even the monkey knows to ~stay in your fuckin tree~".

hmmm.....
Rex Coil 7
DaviT wrote:
.... i'm still a noob' when it comes to modular.
Well you think of yourself "as a noob" and you're putting out content like this?

Holy crap, you're going to be an amazing modular programmer when you're "experienced" in your own estimation!!

Seriously, have you heard what you're creating? Great stuff!

DaviT wrote:

DaviT wrote:
.... i'm still a noob' when it comes to modular.
Yea ... right. meh

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

thumbs up
DaviT
Thank you for your kind words Rex Coil 7
nidas
good work DaviT and great posts by fellow wigglers..
I only wish you could share the patches or atleast explain them a little for your youtube videos.

I´m getting inspired by the posts above and your videos!
DaviT
Will do, the problem is that i make the sequence, patch and hit record. Gonna try to remembernidas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2