MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

GRP Vocoder V22
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author GRP Vocoder V22
EPTC
Oh, my... Now that's nice. Look at all those envelope outputs!

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2019/02/grp-vocoder-v22.html?m=1&fbclid=Iw AR3gfpS3e1bJbfNaxzaya7HyiJ3Qlhks-MaN2wEkBTzpSmFMhZ0SAxgUjWg

https://www.sequencer.de/blog/grp-vocoder-v22/38616
kindredlost
sick. SlayerBadger!
Eric the Red
That looks bad ass
Huba-Swift
Oh my... This is extremely enticing eek! Can't wait to see and hear more about this. I'm kinda confused about the upper left. It shows midi, but I'm not seeing any midi port.
EPTC
Huba-Swift wrote:
Oh my... This is extremely enticing eek! Can't wait to see and hear more about this. I'm kinda confused about the upper left. It shows midi, but I'm not seeing any midi port.

Guess, based on the R24 and A2 (which seem to share the same case as this tempting monster!) is that the midi port is on the top edge of the case.
Huba-Swift
EPTC wrote:
Huba-Swift wrote:

Guess, based on the R24 and A2 (which seem to share the same case as this tempting monster!) is that the midi port is on the top edge of the case.
Gotcha, thanks thumbs up
JohnLRice
I wonder what kind of connectors the PREAMP and MAIN OUT are? hmmm..... The MIC/LINE INPUT looks like a typical XLR footprint but the other two look more like the footprint of a circular multi-pin connector? seriously, i just don't get it
JohnLRice
It's also interesting that there seem to be a lot of vocoders coming out lately, in 5U, eurorack, keyboard, and even 19" rack mount like the new one from WaveFront Audio (same people as COTK and AION modulars). I posted about it in the below thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2973918

EPTC
John - I hadn't seen that thread. I would enjoy a rackmount one like that! Wonder why that isn't just a COTK branded item. Year of Vocoder!

Here's a video from the GRP facebook. Italian Cylon!
https://www.facebook.com/GrpSynthesizer/videos/2264744170436748/
josaka
EPTC wrote:
John - I hadn't seen that thread. I would enjoy a rackmount one like that! Wonder why that isn't just a COTK branded item. Year of Vocoder!

Here's a video from the GRP facebook. Italian Cylon!
https://www.facebook.com/GrpSynthesizer/videos/2264744170436748/

the COTK voc is a joint production ..hence the new name.. think its for more digital circuit stuff.

dan_p
That does look great. The envelope outs are so much fun. I had a Buchla vocoder (can’t remember the number, 296 or something?) and it was really nice, you could get some truly unique sounds out of it.
dan_p
Hmm, maybe they are multi pin I/O so you can daisy chain units for more bands?

JohnLRice wrote:
I wonder what kind of connectors the PREAMP and MAIN OUT are? hmmm..... The MIC/LINE INPUT looks like a typical XLR footprint but the other two look more like the footprint of a circular multi-pin connector? seriously, i just don't get it
Neovintage
Anyone knows about the price?
Apparently this should be available second quarter of 2019.
Small demo video on Facebook
EPTC
JohnLRice wrote:

Maybe they're outlines for VU meters?
JohnLRice
EPTC wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

d'oh! That's probably it! Good call! thumbs up applause

EDIT: here's a "fixed" version so I won't get confused again! hihi

MindMachine
EPTC wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

JLR I too was seeing military grade connectors like Dennis S. and Rex P. used on SMS modular units.

Can only wonder how many of these will be made/sell.
fabodyssey
very interesting and I trust GRP
he will make a great vocoder
I will follow this project thumbs up
JohnLRice

MindMachine
Sweet Kraftwerkian goodness.
Faustgeist
I hope I can afford on of these. Sounds great!
-R
Hansi026

woah
hsosdrum
Lottery purchase!!!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1