MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thomas Lehn's Synthi was stolen. Please help.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Thomas Lehn's Synthi was stolen. Please help.
papz

description text page (with links to single images):
http://www.thomaslehn.com/synth-theft.html

photo page (with all images on one page):
http://www.thomaslehn.com/synth-theft_images.html

Serial # 45629
myecholalia
Oh my, that's so sad and infuriating.
I saw Thomas perform on this thing here in Singapore about a year ago, and it was just amazing.
Really hope this beautiful instrument makes it back to its owner.
Fingers crossed!
musicaespressiva
really sad to hear!
ArguZ
Fot satans ogsa ! Lorte menesker.

The area around that church is problematic.
They probably do not know what they stole but it shows up on stage or in the local wanna-be-ebay i'll inform you right away.
https://www.dba.dk/soeg/?soeg=synth

Sorry Thomas, ich halt die Augen auf...verdammte Stricher.
Joe.
Made sticky for a short while, so it's not bumped out of view, and can get a few more views.
papz
Thomas sent me this pic, to help identify it.
His Macbook was in the stolen case too.

snercle
waah
If he set up a crowd fund to replace it I would donate
misa
this is so fucked up. I am very sorry ´for Thomas' pain and inconvenience. Truely an irreplaceable machine.

but it goes to show how much we all need to look after our gear, especially after playing a successful gig when you are not in your right mind anyway.

Thus PSA: watch your gear.

and all fingers are crossed that this will have a happy ending for Thomas!
boubi
This is probably too early and we can only hope his instrument reappears but... in case it doesn't we need to kickstart a fundraiser for Lehn to quickly get a new one and mod it to his heart. I mean, he's one of the last iconic figures of the Synthi. And in the field of free improv one of the few with R.Scott and Foussat. We just can't lose him to a mindless robbery!
jsheaucsb
Saw this today. Truly sad. I hope they are reunited soon.
snufkin
this is awful, hope it's found
misa
I think if possible, people from Copenhagen should try to scan the local trash bins and dumpsters to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed in case the thieves tried to rid themselves of such an un-sellable appliance...
Kafgee
They usually sell those
For a quick fix at thrift stores
Maybe you can look around second hand shops
I doubt whoever gets it knows what it is
papz
Thomas wrote "my suitcase with synth + Computer inside was in promoters parked car while we were in a restaurant. Must have been professionals as they cracked car without any damage. Promoter is 100% sure he locked car. so i guess the robbers must have scanned the wifi-carkey, is such possible?"
This could sound like the robbers knew what they wanted ?
wackelpeter
Scanning the Signal from remote controlled locks on cars is the usual method for at least organized car Robbers coming mostly from eastern europe.

I guess it's alos not so hard to get the needed Hardware for "less professional" Robbers.

At least this way both cars (two bigger Audi vehicles) from our neighbours were stolen over night… One ended up in Latvia and the other made it only 2 miles before he didn't got the curve of the street and ended up totally damaged in a field.
The crashed Driver/robber was able to left the Scene....

btw. were the Windows down? then she might had possibly lifted them down by herself accidentally… had this twice when i was approaching my car that the Windows where down, when i had the key in my pocket and must have pressed the open button with my bottom for a while...
rkilman
papz wrote:
Thomas wrote "my suitcase with synth + Computer inside was in promoters parked car while we were in a restaurant. Must have been professionals as they cracked car without any damage. Promoter is 100% sure he locked car. so i guess the robbers must have scanned the wifi-carkey, is such possible?"
This could sound like the robbers knew what they wanted ?

I'm no detective but is he sure the promoter wasn't involved?
knobs.
terrible, much support.

cheers
knobs.
papz
They packed up and loaded the car in a completely different location, and the suitcase itself was in the invisible trunk section. The big mistake was that they missed to give it a little moment of thought and left other gear (powered speakers, guitar amps etc) visibly on the back seat. As the car was parked between others and space too narrow to open side doors, they opened trunk door and took just the suitcase only. All other gear was still untouched on the back seat...
So the robbers probably didn't know what they stole.
richard
For my friend’s sake I was really hoping for some good news by now. Fearing the worst. Of course he feels awful about it. And he is such a nice, kind and decent man.

I am supposed to be mixing a Synthi duet album we recorded together last year but I am finding that rather hard to do while this is unresolved!
papz
Thomas asked to spread these 2 links :

description text page (with links to single images):
http://www.thomaslehn.com/synth-theft.html

photo page (with all images on one page):
http://www.thomaslehn.com/synth-theft_images.html

These pages won’t disappear in opposite to the "scrolling" world of FB + other social media. If there is someting which stays, where people always can refer to and forward, that makes sense.
sungja
Does not a pro artist traveling the world has travel insurance??

Even ordinary people going for a weekend trip with no particular values along has that. hmmm.....
knows
Any updates?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1