MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NFG.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author NFG.
Esample9
Hi
New to this forum and new to modular synth ownership, but not to synths. Have owned Minimoog since 1972. Learned synthesis on Emu modular and have or currently owned many synths. Oberheim 4voice, Two Voice, OBX, OBXA, Prophet 5, ARP Odyssey, CS 80, D550,, Arp Odyssey, etc. Current pic of my modular system.

daveholiday
Welcome to Muffs! So is that a new system or something you picked up second hand? Looks like you have enough modules to keep yourself busy for a bit!!
Rex Coil 7
Esample9 wrote:
Hi
New to this forum and new to modular synth ownership, but not to synths. Have owned Minimoog since 1972.
Your age, previous experience, and interest in 5U modular put you in good company within this subforum.

.... even if you are the NFG of the moment .....
lol

Welcome Home.

thumbs up thumbs up
Esample9
Thank you!
Esample9
daveholiday wrote:
Welcome to Muffs! So is that a new system or something you picked up second hand? Looks like you have enough modules to keep yourself busy for a bit!!

Hey, Dave
It’s new. Mostly dot com modules. And yes, I am spending a lot of time with it right now. Thanks
JohnLRice
Welcome Esample9! w00t
Huba-Swift
Awesome system, welcome to Muffs w00t
Esample9
Thank you both so much. I’m very happy to have discovered this forum!
Faustgeist
Splendid, what part of FL are ya in?

Welcome to 5U @ Muffs. Guinness ftw!
fabodyssey
welcome on MW and on the modular 5U MU
you made the right choice for the musicality cool
ranix
welcome to the team dude thumbs up
Esample9
Faustgeist wrote:

West Coast
Flareless
Esample9 wrote:
Faustgeist wrote:

West Coast

Very cool! We've got a place by the Gulf.

Welcome!
hsosdrum
VERY nice system! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo applause thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners w00t
Welcome to the group.
Synth Con Meo
Esample9 wrote:
Faustgeist wrote:

West Coast

So you really need a Buchla. lol

Welcome aboard!
Flareless
Synth Con Meo wrote:
Esample9 wrote:
Faustgeist wrote:

West Coast

So you really need a Buchla. lol

Welcome aboard!

Dunno about that. He may be on to a whole new thing.... West-East Coast thumbs up
Esample9
Synth Con Meo

Buchla is one brand I’ve never had. In fact, I’ve never even seen one in person, but I’d like to.
Synth Con Meo
Esample9 wrote:
Synth Con Meo

Buchla is one brand I’ve never had. In fact, I’ve never even seen one in person, but I’d like to.

I have a friend who has a Buchla Easel but I haven't seen his yet. The only time I've seen one was a few months ago Todd Barton was here in town giving a bit of a small demonstration. I would really like to get an Easel but they are quite a bit of . And for the money I would rather expand my 5U system.

But maybe one day I'll get lucky and find a deal one, but I am not holding my breath.
boothnavy
WELCOME Guinness ftw!
dslocum
Welcome!

Feel free to ask questions. We have a great bunch of folks here!
Esample9
dslocum wrote:
Welcome!

Thanks, Doug. I guess I should have asked questions before I started buying. I originally spec’d out the dot com system with all spaces filled except three. Since then, I’ve bought a Moon oscillator and two filters, a SW 904A, a CP3, and a 901 bank. So now I’m either going to have to sell some oscillators and a filter or buy another cabinet. Oh well.
Rex Coil 7
Esample9 wrote:
dslocum wrote:
Welcome!

Thanks, Doug. I guess I should have asked questions before I started buying. I originally spec’d out the dot com system with all spaces filled except three. Since then, I’ve bought a Moon oscillator and two filters, a SW 904A, a CP3, and a 901 bank. So now I’m either going to have to sell some oscillators and a filter or buy another cabinet. Oh well.
Those Dot Com VCOs make excellent modulators .... hang on to them or it's regret city!

If nothing else, start up a rack cabinet, buy one or three QCR8 rack adapters, and set up a "modulation cabinet" or perhaps a second voice cabinet ..... er something. Add one of those Happy Nerding FM Aid modules (which are the shizknuckle!) to that cabinet, and use the extra VCOs and VCF as an FM voice. Keep in mind that Dot Com VCFs are good sources of 1v/oct tracking sine waves which may be used with the FM Aid to produce wave-foldy/FM excellence.

seriously, i just don't get it

EDIT: SW/901 + CP3 bank y'say? Man, you gettin' all serious n'shit on us here! Good choice!!!!

ranix
yeah don't sell anything until your system stabilizes, you will rearrange it several times
Esample9
Sounds like good advice, guys. I’ve already rearranged to a certain extent. I’m more likely to add a third cabinet than to sell things off. I’ve never sold anything I didn’t regret later.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1